29

A couple of weeks had passed since you became manager and you got the chance to get to know the members of the volleyball team a little better. As Oikawa was helping you catch up with school, you two got a little closer too.

Currently, you were at Oikawa's house along with Iwaizumi, Matsukawa and Hanamaki.
You were playing the game called 'Guess It!'. The game was simple. There were a lot of cards with random words written on them. One person had to pick a card and describe the word that was written on it without using the words that were listed under the given word. The teammates of that person had to guess the word correctly and if they managed to guess it right, they would get a point. Another person from that group had to pick a new card and again, their teammates had to guess it right, until their time was up. The team that guessed the most words correctly would win.

Iwaizumi, Oikawa and you were in one team and Matsukawa and Hanamaki were in one. Because the teams were uneven, you decided that team Oikawa would have 8 seconds less to guess the words than team Hanamaki.

Right now, Hanamaki was holding a card up with the word 'BROKEN LEG' and the words that he wasn't allowed to use were accident, injury, bone, arm and hospital.

Oikawa and you were looking at the card too, to ensure that Hanamaki didn't cheat by using the forbidden words.

After he took a few seconds to think about a way to explain the word, Hanamaki spoke up.
"Alright, so... When you fall from a building, you..."

Matsukawa answered quickly. "DIE!"
Oikawa and you laughed out loud, while Iwaizumi, who wasn't looking on the card, thought that the response was actually fitting.
"NO! When you... When you fall... something happens to the the part of your body you use to walk."
Matsukawa looked a little confused at Hanamaki.
"WHEN YOU FALL...-"
"FEET!? BONES!?"

Hanamaki was pointing a finger in Matsukawa's direction.
"Not feet, buuut..."
"Legs!?"
"YES! WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM WHEN YOU FALL FROM A BUILDING!?"
"THEY BREAK!? LEGBREAK!? BROKEN LEGS!?"
"YES!!!"

Now Matsukawa picked up a card. He had to explain the word 'UMBRELLA' and he wasn't allowed to use the words rain, weather, sun, drop and thunder.
"Okay, so... You use this to protect yourself from..-"
"A KNIFE! GUN! BAT!?"
"NO LET ME FINISH! When it's... When there are a lot of dark clouds and some things drop down from-"

Oikawa and you interrupted Matsukawa as he used one of the forbidden words.
"YOU SAID DROP! YOU CAN'T USE THAT WORD!"
Hanamaki yelled at Matsukawa.
"YOU IDIOT!"
"SHUT UP IT'S YOUR FAULT! YOU KEEP RUSHING!"
"BECAUSE YOU'RE SO SLOW!"

While they were arguing Iwaizumi, who was watching the time, interrupted them.
"Your time is up!"
"DAMMIT!"

Iwaizumi handed the timer to Matsukawa and Hanamaki was going to check the cards.
Iwaizumi placed his hand on the stack of cards. "Alright i'm ready. Start the timer."

Iwaizumi picked up a card and didn't even hesitate to start explaining.
"A synonym for Oikawa!"
"TRASH!"
"YES! Good job (y/n)!"
"HEY! That's rude!"
You ignored Oikawa's complains and picked up a card yourself. Your word was 'PEACE'.
"Okay, Oikawa does this a lot-"
"BEING ANNOYING! JERK!?"
"HEY! LET HER EXPLAIN! AND WHY ARE YOU TWO KEEP USING ME AS A WAY TO EXPLAINING THINGS!?"
"It's a pose that he always makes while taking pictures!"
"PEACE SIGN!" Oikawa was confident in his answer.
"YES! NOW TAKE THE SIGN AWAY!"
"PEACE!"
"YES! GOOD JOB!"

Now it was Oikawa's turn to pick a card. Unfortunately you and Iwaizumi weren't able to guess the word and your time was up. In the end, team Oikawa had won and team Hanamaki had lost.
"That's not fair! You guys had one more teammate than we had!" Matsukawa pointed his finger accusingly toward you.
"Weren't you the one who said that it didn't matter because you would win anyway?" You asked to provoke him even further.
"And even so, we had 8 seconds less each round than you had!" Oikawa backed you up.
"I'm sorry guys, you know what that means. You lost the bet." Iwaizumi was smirking.

Hanamaki and Matsukawa accepted their defeat.
"Fine! We will buy you lunch tomorrow, as promised!"
"Good! You better not forget it, because I won't pack any lunch!" Oikawa crossed his arms and smiled smugly, which annoyed Hanamaki and Matsukawa even more.

After some time had passed, everyone was preparing to go home. Oikawa asked you to wait for him, because he said that it was dark outside and that he wanted to walk you home. You wanted to tell him that it wasn't necessary, but you knew it would be of no use. He would do it anyway. In the past few weeks, Oikawa would always walk you home.
You didn't want to be a burden, so one time, you even started to run home, trying to leave him behind. However, he had caught up with you with ease and in the end, you were just out of breath while Oikawa was making fun of you. He said that running away from him was futile and that there was no escape from him.

Oikawa on the other hand was happy that you didn't try to decline his offers of walking you home anymore. It wasn't a burden to him. At all. He loved spending time with you and he would take every opportunity he had to do so.

The others had left already and you were waiting downstairs for Oikawa. He came back with a jacket in his hand and told you to put it on.
"Here, wear this. It has gotten colder outside."
"Thanks, but I don't need it. My house is not too far away anyway, so I'll be fine."
His thoughtfulness made you smile.

"I know that you're stubborn and that you will argue with me for the next 10 minutes, so I give you two options. You either put it on now yourself, or I will forcefully put it on you myself. And no, don't even think of a way to just run away, because that won't work either."

Dammit, he must have noticed have you had slightly turned into the direction of the front door. You had to admit that he was very perceptive.
You were still thinking of just running away, even though there was a high chance that this strategic would fail.

Before you could move Oikawa came closer to you and wrapped the jacked around you. The space between you two was so small, that you could smell Oikawa's scent. His face was close to yours and he was looking into your eyes with a little concern.
"It's just a jacket! Put it on properly. I don't want you to get sick."

You chuckled at his behavior.
"Alright, let's go Momkawa."
"Don't start with the weird nicknames too!"
"Sorry, I learned from Iwaizumi." You smiled at him teasingly.