𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

She stepped into the house, clutching the ultrasound images in her hands. The weight of uncertainty and fear lingered in the air as she debated whether to share this moment with Taehyung. Their morning argument echoed in her mind, creating a barrier of hesitancy.

As she found Taehyung still present in the house, an unexpected calmness emanated from him. The tension that usually accompanied their disagreements seemed absent. With a mixture of anxiety and hope, she approached him and handed over the bag containing the ultrasound images. His initial question pierced the silence, breaking the anticipation.

"What's this?" Taehyung queried, eyeing the bag cautiously.

"Ultrasound images of the baby," she replied, her voice carrying a blend of nervousness and excitement.

"Why are you giving it to me?" Taehyung's inquiry left her momentarily speechless. Unsure of how he would react, she stammered out an explanation.

"Because I want to share it with someone," she confessed, the vulnerability evident in her words.

Taehyung, surprisingly, accepted the bag and opened it. As he looked at the ultrasound images, a transformation occurred. The rigid lines on his face softened, and an unexpected sweetness colored his voice.

"The baby is so cute, right?" he remarked, his words laced with tenderness. She was taken aback by this sudden shift in his demeanor. It felt like a stark contrast to the earlier tension.

"Yeah," she responded, her confusion evident.

"Sorry if I wasn't in the right mood earlier. Next time, don't go alone. I'll come with you," he declared, his words carrying a newfound consideration.

Her mind raced to comprehend this unexpected change. Was he joking? Doubt lingered, but his subsequent words added weight to his sincerity.

"Uhmm but it's okay.. I can go by myself.. don't need to worry!!" She said

"But I don't want to risk the baby's life," he stated, his concern for both her and the unborn child evident.

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

I couldn't comprehend the sudden change in Taehyung's demeanor. The unexpected sweetness in his voice and the tenderness with which he regarded the ultrasound images left me bewildered. As questions swirled in my mind, I mustered the courage to seek answers.

"Can I ask you something, Tae-taehyung?" I hesitated, uncertainty evident in my voice.

"Hmm! Go on!" His response, a departure from his usual dismissive tone, surprised me.

"What happened to you? Why did you c-change suddenly??"
He gestured for me to sit beside him – an invitation I never expected, considering his prior reluctance to have me near him.