𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

Time moved quickly, and the day arrived when Y/N would get divorce papers. She felt more nervous than usual. Would Taehyung agree to the divorce? Her confidence was fading.

She was genuinely scared about the future and how she would explain it to Taejoon.

After a three-week vacation, Taejoon went back to school. He didn't want to, but his parents insisted.

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

At around 11 o'clock, the divorce papers landed in my hands, and I held them with a shaky grip. This decision, as tough as it was, aimed for the best, an escape from a forced relationship.

Before Taehyung left for the office, I asked him to come during his lunch break. He was confused, but he nodded. He stopped talking to me like he used to before. He's realizing his mistake, and maybe he also wanted to put an end to these things.

Even after the divorce, we'll have to meet because of Taejoon. But there's a difference; we are no longer husband and wife like before. All the ties have been cut off.

Reality dawned on me. Despite loving him more than myself, the truth surfaced—we weren't destined to be together indefinitely.

Even if I tried to deny it, living with him became unbearable due to his actions. A yearning to rewrite the past and mold us into the happiest family lingered.

After the divorce, I know there will be no other men in my life. I didn't know if he loved me deeply, but I did. Even though in the past, I hope he will change one day. Yes, he did, but it was too late.

I went to my room with the papers in my hands. I placed them on the table and picked up a pen. I don't know, but my hands were shaking.

But anyway, I managed to sign them, even though my hands were shaking the whole time.

I waited anxiously for Taehyung to arrive, and when he finally did, I handed him the papers. As he examined them, his sudden collapse onto the sofa startled me. His grip on the papers tightened, and his eyes began to shimmer with unspoken emotions.

I never expected such a reaction from him. Despite maintaining a composed face, avoiding eye contact was my feeble attempt to shield myself from the intensity of the moment.

"Y-Y/N~" he called out. Refusing to meet his gaze, I replied, "I signed, and you already saw it, right? Let's not waste time and end everything!" My own stutter haunted me.

When Taehyung embraced my waist, I tried to pull away, but his grip remained unyielding. My hands froze as I heard his stifled sobs – a raw vulnerability I had never witnessed before.

Facing him in this state, a myriad of emotions surged within me. "I knew I had to face this one day," he confessed, his grip tightening. "I practiced to become a professional in this case. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I didn't think it would hurt this much. It really hurts."

"Taehyung, lea-" Before I could finish, he released his grip, head hung low. I picked up the fallen papers and placed them on the coffee table.

"Don't prolong this any longer. Let's end this," I said, taking a seat beside him.

"Taehyung, have you ever heard that divorce isn't such a tragedy? Tragedy is remaining in an unhappy marriage and teaching our children misconceptions about love. Taejoon will sense that we are not happy with each other. He will understand later."

His reluctance to sign lingered, but eventually, Taehyung took the pen. As he gave me a final glance before signing, conflicting emotions overwhelmed me. Relief, sadness, and a profound sense of loss enveloped me as the ink dried on the papers, sealing a chapter of my life.

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

Taehyung gently held Y/N's hands, placing the weighty divorce papers on them with a heavy sigh.

"Thank you for everything," he uttered, his voice laden with gratitude. "Thank you for putting up with me, for being the best wife. I wish I could've been the best husband for you. I don't deserve either of you, and I hurt both so badly. Y/N, I promise I won't do anything," he pledged with a heavy heart.

"I won't stop you or Taejoon because I lost that right years ago," he added, turning to retreat to his room. However, Y/N's words halted him in his tracks.

"Taehyung, when I said I'll never separate you and Taejoon, I meant it. Despite everything, he loves you. You are his dad, the one he loves the most. I'm not so cruel as to keep you apart. I gave you a second chance to become a good person, but you..." Y/N's voice faltered as she wiped tears from her cheeks.

"But I hope you won't do the same thing to Taejoon. Be a good dad to him," she implored, her words echoing with a mix of sorrow and hope.

...

He felt the weight of loss and regret, emotions consuming him like a relentless tide. Hopelessness and resentment gripped him as he watched Y/N retreat into her room. Silent tears streamed down his face, a desperate attempt to muffle the sobs that threatened to escape. He feared Y/N would hear his anguish.

His feet were glued to the ground, and his body felt anchored to the couch. The mere thought of a life without her seemed unimaginable. Guilt and regret clawed at him, promising to be constant companions. Taehyung was waiting for his destiny, acknowledging that he deserved more—more suffering. What Y/N endured might just be a fraction of the pain he now faced.

For almost eight years, he remained oblivious to her weeping, begging, and crying. Overwhelmed by a tumult of emotions—anger, hatred, love, sadness, loss, and a crumbling mental stability—he spiraled into his thoughts. The closed door of her bedroom brought him back to reality, and panic surged through him. The memories of Y/N fighting for her life flashed before his eyes, the fear of losing his wife gripping him once again. No, ex-wife. They were no longer husband and wife.

◦•●◉✿ 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃 ✿◉●•◦

♡♡♡ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ ♡♡♡