Twenty nine : Hesitation

Jin was calmly combing Ara's hair. The little girl was careless of his angry face, too occupied in dressing her barbie dolls. Bogum risked a glance towards jin, making sure if he's still receiving glares and he definitely was.

"I'm doing it" He assured, filling potting soil in the jar.

"You better, park bogum" Jin scowled.

"It wasn't only me. Jungkook was equally responsible. Why isn't he treated the same as me?" His grumble made jin point a accusing finger at him.

"Because jungkook is not the one i'm close to. You are. You were responsible to make sure my feelings don't get hurt. But as usual you didn't care"

Bogum rolled his eyes at his exaggeration. "Oh come on, it's just a garden. The plants will grow"

Jin took the hair band and tied the one side of piggy tail. "I know, that's why you're here to help them grow"

"Fine, i'll do it. Just don't make that face" Bogum started setting the soil.

The stagnant water did ruined some of the precious plants of jin. One of them being Ara's marigold. The girl cried for a very long time and jin was fuming over that all these past days.

Claire is nestling in her room, she hadn't been her talkative self lately. Maybe he should really apologize for that accident. He surely didn't meant that to happen and he knows Claire is aware of that too. It's just that, it's a bit awkward to face each other.

Footsteps made bogum look up to see jungkook descending down the stairs. "Oh look at that. I'm doing all the work and Mr. Jeon is all suited up to go for a date"

Jungkook simply responded with a glance. There's only two possibilities of jungkook not responding to his provocative words: one, he must be preparing to beat his ass or he must be too tired to take a care of it.

"Hey" Jin greets, sensing his glumness.

Jungkook took a breath before apologising, "I'm sorry, jin. I didn't realize it to be this---"

"Oh it's okay. I told you before, it's not a big deal. They're just plants, they'll grow" Jin smiled, ignoring the loud gasp from bogum.

"Thank you" Jungkook looked down at the girl. Her hair was done, adorable clips were pressed on both sides of her hair.

"Hey, marigold" He picked her up in his arms. He couldn't spend much time with her since he came back.

"You're going out?" Ara asked while holding his face.

"Yep, your piggy tails looks cute" He smiled for her.

The girl pouted. "But your clothes don't look good"

He blinked at her response. The laughter from bogum echoing, "Well, she has better fashion sense than you"

"What's... What's wrong with this?" Jungkook stuttered. He was wearing a solid grey shrug over a white t-shirt. He agrees he didn't put much of a thought to his look but it was kind of okay.

"I think it's your shrug" Jin said, scanning him up and down. "Do you have like a black..."

"Surprise!" The loud exclaim rushed in. All eyes went straight to the front door, finding namjoon with a biggest grin. No one knew he'd be back from town today, so it indeed was a surprise. But not like a surprising kind of surprise.

"Black jacket" Jin completed, eyes on namjoon. Particularly on what he's wearing.

He hurried towards his husband. Namjoon immediately opening his arms to hug him but instead his gesture was curtly rejected.