Forty two : Blood

It was four in the morning when taehyung woke up mumbling his stomach is growling with hunger. Jungkook was wide awake beside him and taehyung wasn't surprised. Jungkook's insomnia worries him and after the fire that almost killed them, his sleeping difficulties only increased.

Taehyung cuddles with him tightly, hoping he would eventually sleep and he does, sometimes. Most of the time, Jungkook simply holds him in his arms and keeps brooding about their life.

Jungkook left the room after assuring he'll cook something quickly for him. Taehyung rubs his eyes and yawns. He was wearing only a jacket and trousers, that Jungkook wore it on him while carrying him into the mansion. He didn't have any undergarments on, Jungkook was too lazy to dress him up properly and to be honest it's difficult when he's dead asleep.

He rose on his feet and changed into soft t-shirt and white shorts. He chose jungkook's t-shirt which covered his shorts completely. He padded his way to kitchen, the pin drop silence giving him a smile. It feels good when there's no staff, just them. Although guards are right outside the mansion but gladly they don't enter unless needed to.

Jungkook's broad shoulders came to his view. He was shirtless, being comfortable upon knowing it's only taehyung who'd see his abs. Taehyung walked over the counter, watching him stir the spring onions and ginger in a saucepan.

Jungkook sensed his intense staring, "Should i wear my shirt on?"

Taehyung gets why he's asking for his opinion. "Eomma wakes exactly at seven, nothing in between so don't worry"

A quick smirk appears on jungkook's face, "Are you implying i shouldn't wear my shirt?"

Taehyung holds his bicep, his fingers feeling the long scar running along jungkook's left arm. He removed his cast only few days back. Taehyung pressed a soft kiss on his scarred skin, "You know i like to see nothing on you"

Jungkook sets the spatula on the counter and turns to hold his husband's waist. "Nothing, huh?"

Taehyung lowers his free hand and runs it over jungkook's sharp v-cut. He might have felt jungkook shivering under his touch. "Mm-hmm. You're so beautiful"

Jungkook presses his lips, resisting the shy smile threatening to appear on his mouth. Taehyung laughs and jungkook starts scratching the back of his head.

Jungkook turns away, failing to hide his flushed face. "I shouldn't let you distract me"

Taehyung back hugs him, arms wrapped around jungkook's waist. "What are you making?"

"Ramen, with boiled eggs. Thinking of steaks too, do you want it?" Jungkook peeks over his shoulder, catching taehyung's pouty lips.

"That's too much, kookie. I only want something light or i'll skip breakfast"

"Okay, no steaks then" Jungkook puts two eggs to boil while adding broth and sliced mushrooms to the saucepan that's simmering with spring onions.

Jungkook chuckles as taehyung starts to lightly bite on his shoulder and up his neck. He knows he's on his tiptoes as his whole weight is leaned upon him. He has about ten minutes for the broth to cook so he turns and swiftly lifts taehyung by his waist.

Taehyung laughs when he's settled on the counter with least efforts by jungkook. Jungkook traps him between his arms, staring into his hazel eyes like he wants to bend him over and pound on him mercilessly.

Jungkook brings his face closer and plays with taehyung's hoop earring by his tongue, "I have tons of things to worry about but my mind is only focused on how beautiful you looked while leaking of me"