EPILOGUE

All attempts made by April's lawyers to get her a lesser sentence failed. She had pleaded not guilty much to the dismay of her lawyers and her disadvantage.
Eventually, she was sentenced to life imprisonment but with the possibility of parole because she had no previous criminal record. She was also to receive psychological therapies throughout her stay in prison. Her mother threw a fit in court, and her father was still hospitalized, hence his absence.
Throughout the court proceedings, April hadn't seemed apprehensive.
She just sat there, gazing into nothingness. She had accepted her fate. Occasionally, she looked at me but I refused to meet her eyes.
Everyone at school was flabbergasted.
Every news channel broadcasted it
Everyone talked about it.
A week after the trial, Eric McFallen passed away.

############################

After a few more weeks of observation and treatment, I was discharged from the hospital. My parents returned to London and I returned to school with Keisha and my homies. Julian had come to visit me when I was still at the hospital. He'd apologised.
"I was an ass but I'm a changed person now. I'm so sorry about what I did in the past. I hope you can forgive me" he'd said
"I'll think about it" I'd replied with a hostile stare.
The guy had learnt his lesson. He could've been wrongfully accused and charged with attempted murder of the first degree if the detectives hadn't done their jobs well.

############################

I strolled with Keisha, hand in hand around campus with students smiling at us. Of course, they'd all found out about the accident and how I'd saved Keisha.
"I think it's high time you kissed the psychopath stereotype goodbye" she whispered beside me "I don't think they see you as that anymore"
"Good riddance"
Although April's betrayal still caused a dull ache in my heart, everything was right now. I had the woman I loved with me, a family that cared for me and people that now saw me normally.
I couldn't ask for anything more. We stopped at my favourite spot under the almond tree and got seated under it.
"Thank you, Keisha," I said softly
She wore an expression of surprise "For what?"
"For everything"
"Everything? I should be thanking you" she remarked playfully "You saved me"
I shook my head "Not like you saved me"
Her expression softened "Cameron"
Taking her hand, I pressed a kiss to it and continued "You saw the light in me when others saw a frightening darkness"
Her eyes started to fill up with tears.
Keisha was a crybaby
"There were times when..." I paused to take a deep breath "...when I was on the verge of giving up but the thought of you... the mere thought of you gave me a certain strength. I gave you many reasons not to love me, I- I pushed you away countless times I-I hurt you but you stuck with me" I leaned forward to wipe away the tears from her eyes "I love you, Keisha Felton. I love you so much" I professed genuinely "Don't cry, I'm just getting started"
A short laugh slipped from her lips and she replied "I love you too, Cameron King"
"I wanted to do it here," I said softly "Where it all started"
She wiped at her eyes "Profess your undying love for me?"
I reached into my back pocket and pulled out a case, moving to my knees. Keisha sucked in a sharp breath, blinking in surprise as I held out the ring to her.
"Keisha Felton" I started, clearing my throat "I'm asking you here and now to marry me after graduation because I cannot spend a second in this world without you"
Gasps of shock and excitement burst from the mouths of the students around
"You are my forever, Keisha, the light to my darkness and I need you with me because without you... without you I am nothing"
Keisha laughed and cried simultaneously "I want to spend the rest of my life with you too, Cameron" Then nodding vigorously, she responded with an exclamation "Yes!" She laughed again, leaping into my arms "Yes, I'll marry you after graduation. Yes! Yes! Yes!"
Noises of jubilation and claps sounded around us. The students were rejoicing for us
I slipped the ring on her finger and kissed her passionately before pulling back "I'm gonna sweep you off your feet, Miss King"
"Oh, I'm counting on that"
Harvey, Lester and Keith came into view, beaming like Cheshire cats
"Congrats folks," Lester said happily, spreading his arms to embrace Keisha while Keith and Harvey came toward me
"Omg, you guys knew?" Keisha asked in utter surprise
"Of course we did"
Harvey pumped my hand in a handshake "Proud of you, man"
"Thank you"
After getting involved in that accident I realised the underrated value of life.
I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. Forever.
I looked around the field and into the smiling faces of the students that had once scorned me and then into the face of the woman that had always loved me.
I'd never thought a day like this would come, a day when I'd propose to the woman I loved because I'd always thought I was undeserving of happiness. Of peace. And that I could never attain them no matter how hard I tried.
But I was wrong.
I deserved happiness.
I got my happiness and it was all thanks to her, Keisha Felton.
The forever incandescent light to my darkness.

~~~~~
♥️♥️♥️

Thank you all so much for sticking to the end. It means a lot. There's a lot of dedication, research, sleepless nights and thinking put in when writing a book so there's a joy that comes from the writer seeing people read and enjoy it.

I apologize if you're disappointed at how the story ended especially because it's a short story but I started running out of ideas and to avoid ruining the book, I had to keep it short. That's why I indicated in the blurb that the book is a novella. Also, I apologize for whatever errors you might've come across in the book. I'll take my time, one of these days to proofread again.

If you enjoyed reading it, do a good thing by commenting, voting and referring it to your friends ♥️♥️♥️

The next book I'm currently working on titled "LEADING HER INTO TEMPTATION" is a compilation of short erotic stories of which "ANATOLY" is one of them. Scroll for a preview ♡‿♡