Chapter 7

You can't go, Buzz. You'll never make it there said Rex.

Woody once risked his life to save me. l couldn't call myself his friend. If l weren't willing to do the same. So? Who's with me? Buzz replied

I'm packing you an extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes. Just in case Mrs. Potato Head said Bo  walks over to Buzz before saying this is for Woody. When you find him. Bo said as she kisses Buzz.

All right. But l. l don't think it'll mean the same coming from me said Buzz clearing his throat.

You just gotta save my pal. Woody. Wheezy said wheezing I know Vallia's their trying rescue him but she just seems fragile to me.

I'll do my best, son Buzz said as Mrs. Potato Head kisses Mr. Potato Head's cheek before giving him his moustache.

Okay, fellas. Let's roll! Mr. Potato Head's , Hamm, Rex, Slinky, and Buzz walk on the roof and use Slinky's back as a bungee cord to jump down to the ground. Geronimo! Mr. Potato Head said as he lands on the ground and lets Slinky's back go back up to Hamm who grabs it and jumps down as Rex reaches for Slinky's back, he falls and hangs on to it as it bounces up and down.

The idea Rex is to let go said Slinky We'll be back before Andy gets home Buzz said as Mrs. Potato Head called down don't talk to any toy you don't know! To AI's Toy Barn and beyond! Buzz said as he grabs Slinky's back and jumps down  he lets it fly up to Slinky who leaps off, catching his back, and jumps down.

They don't call this the old abandoned mine for nothin', Prospector. I reckon we oughta get outta here. Jessie said

Where's my gold? Hold on. I'll light me a candle. [He uses a match to light a fuse which begins to burn quickly] This sure is a fast-burnin' wick. Said Stinky Pete.

Blast us to smithereens! That there's dynamite! Jessie said Holy tarnation! Stinky Pete says I'll call for help! Jessie said yodeling and some critters arrive at the collapsed entrance.

Hey, critters? Go get Sheriff Woody! Now scoot! [The critters run off. Meanwhile, Woody and Bullseye are painting a school house.

Vallia whimperd thrashing around and as Woody looked down he saw tears in her eyes. Shut her up Stinky Pete said clearly annoyed. Woody, Woody No... No... Come back to me No... No... Woody wake up... wake up Woody please Vallia cried in her nightmarish sleep.

In her nightmare Thantos had once again killed Woody saying your move this was just a game to her evil uncle before he disappeared and Vallia fell to her knees holding both sides of her sheriff's cold face cupping both his cheeks in her hands resting her head on Woody's chest where there once was warmth now it was cold.

Please Woody wake up the girl screamed pleading to the sheriff just to get him to open his eyes. I said shut her up Stinky Pete said his annoyance towards the girl growing

Shhh Vallia your safe I got you Woody spoke smoothing out her honey blonde hair you don't know what she's been through you don't know what she's dreaming about I don't even know what she's seeing in her nightmares so don't tell me to Shut her up. Woody spoke angrily though he didn't yell

Hush little baby, don't say a word,
Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird.

And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring.

And if that diamond ring turns to brass, Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass.

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat.

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull.

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Papa's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.

And if that dog named Rover won't bark, Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart.

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town!

Vallia's screaming of Woody's name stopped almost instantly after hearing Woody's voice singing to her and she once again fell into a peaceful slumber but almost immediately when she felt Woody wasn't with her she woke screaming

She barely slept instead she would stay awake watching Woody just to make sure nothing ever happened to him not that Woody knew she refused to sleep.