Chapter 13

Hey, Woody, are you in here? Hamm called. Nah. This one's empty too said Mr. Potato Head. Woody! Slinky called as Mr. Potato Head called Woody's name as Hamm once again called Woody's name as Slinky hops onto Al's desk and goes over to some Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.

Pardon me, gentlemen. But, have either of you seen a cowboy doll with a bad arm? Slinky asked Why, no. I haven't-- The Blue Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot answered HEY! He was talkin' to me! The Red Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot added NO HE WAS TALKIN' TO ME!!! The Blue Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot argued

WHY, YOU, I'LL-- The Red Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot said as the two robots punch each other until the red one's head spins up, making Slinky back up in horror.

You see. All along, we thought the way into Zurg's fortress was through the main gate. But in fact, the secret entrance is to the left! Hidden in the shadows.

To the left and in the shadows. Got it. Then they hear a voice speaking in Japanese outside the room. Someone's coming said Slinky. Everyone! Take cover! [The toys hide under the desk just as Al enters, talking on his phone.

No. It was a big pile-up. But, I don't want to bore you with the details. Yes. Now, let me confirm your fax number. [He goes to his fax machine and starts typing in the number] W-W-Wait. Slow. That's a lot of numbers. No. I got it. The toys peep out from the side of the desk to look at Al.

It's him Slinky whispered. The chicken man whispered Hamm Funny. He doesn't look like poultry Utility Belt Buzz said That's the kidnapper, all right Slinky said as Utility Belt Buzz added a kidnapper! An agent of Zurg if I ever saw one.

Buzz is still trapped in his box and jolts around to get free. The box falls off the shelf and onto the floor. Buzz kicks the bottom of the box open, freeing his legs. In the office, Al faxes a picture of Woody in the fax machine.

And the pièce de résistance! I promise the collection will be the crown jewel of your museum. The picture lands on the floor and the toys see it.

It's Woody gasped Slinky Now that l have your attention. Imagine we added another zero to the price. Huh? Al said

I don't care! Yes, yes, yes, yes! Mr. Konishi said as Al responded what? pay anything you want. Anything. Mr. Konishi said

YES!!! YES!!! You got a deal!! I'll be on the next flight to Japan! Al said Quick. Get into the poultry man's cargo unit. He'll lead us to Zurg. Move. Move. Move! [The toys jump into Al's bag, followed by Utility Belt Buzz, thinking that he'll lead them to Woody.