Chapter 14

Troops! Over here! [He goes to a grill on the left and pulls the cover off it and puts it to the side] Just like you said, lizard man. "In the shadows to the left." Okay. Let's move! [They head inside the vent to find Woody] (talking into his wrist communicator) Mission log. Have infiltrated enemy territory without detection. And are making our way through the bowels of Zurg's fortress Utility Belt Buzz said.

You know? I think that Buzz aisle went to his head said Hamm as they  come to a vent junction and Utility Belt Buzz turns on his laser to choose which way to go.

Oh no. Which way do we go? Slinky asked pointing to the left. This way. Utility Belt Buzz said What makes you so sure? Mr. Potato Head asked I'm Buzz Lightyear. I'm always sure. [Then the vents start to shake and rumble around the toys] We've been detected. The walls! They're closing in! Quick! Help me prop up, vegetable man. Or we're done for! Utility Belt Buzz said

Hey! Hey!! Put me down! You moron! Said Mr. Potato Head Hey, guys! Look! It's not the walls! It's the elevator!
They look to see the elevator going down until it stops. They go over and look up at the shaft which is a long way up.

Come on. We've got no time to lose. Everyone. Grab hold! he pulls out a rope handle and tosses it into Mr. Potato Head's hand and then pulls out two red handles to which magnets appear on them. He sticks them to the metal surface and starts climbing up.

Huh? Huh? The toys said as Hamm asked Uh. Buzz? Why not just take the elevator? They'll be expecting that Utility Belt Buzz said as the real Buzz ran under a traffic cone towards the door when he sees some footprints on the ground which lead to the vent where he hears some clanging and Rex yelling.

Hey, Buzz! Stop! Slow down! Rex said as the real Buzz walked over to the vent.

Utility Belt Buzz is still climbing up with the toys holding onto his line. Coins start to fall out of Hamm's slot]
Hamm: Uh-oh. Hey! Head's up down there! Hamm said as Slinky said WHOA! Pork bellies are fallin'.
Mr. Potato Head:

Hey! How much farther, Buzz? Mr. Potato Head said as
Utility Belt Buzz answered straining himself as he answered Half. Way. There. My arms can't hold on much longer! Rex said as he starts slipping  on top of the other toys, dragging them including Utility Belt Buzz down slowly.
Utility Belt Buzz: Too heavy Utility Belt Buzz said before adding what was I thinking? My anti-gravity servos! [He presses a button on his utility belt and at the same time, there are some whirring noises down below] Hang tight, everyone. I'm going to let go of the wall. Oh! What?! Said the Toys as Mr. Potato Head said He wouldn't!

One Utility Belt Buzz counted down
Hamm: He would! Hamm replied
Two Utility Belt Buzz said

NO!!! DON'T, BUZZ!!! LET'S THINK ABOUT THIS!!! The toys said as
Utility Belt Buzz said Three! And with that he lets go of the wall and he and the toys fall down onto the elevator which has been moving up] To infinity and beyond! [He sees the 23rd level approaching from above]

Approaching destination. Reengaging gravity. [He turns off his belt and the elevator reaches the 23rd level. Utility Belt Buzz jumps off it and scans the vent with his laser to see if it's clear.

Area secure. The toys walk slowly off the elevator, feeling woozy from the fall It's okay, troops. The anti-gravity sickness will wear off momentarily. Now, let's move! He runs off as Mr. Potato Head said remind me to glue his helmet shut, when we get back.

They walk on, unaware that Buzz is holding on to the bottom of the elevator.

Woody and The Roundup Gang are having fun doing their cowboy things and Woody peeks out of a box.

How about givin' me a little intro there, Jessie? Woody said as
Jessie spoke introducing the high-ridin'-est cowboy around...

From inside the box Woody said You forgot "rootin'-tootin'-est"! The high-ridin'-est, rootin'-tootin'-est cowboy hero of all time... Sheriff Woody! Said Jessie as
Woody walks out of the box, wearing a kooky smile on his face.

He tilts his hat and walks over to Jessie. Say, little missy? You notice any trouble around these parts? Woody asked as Jessie replied Nary a bit. Not with Sheriff Woody around.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! I got it! I got it! This is great! Okay! The bandits got the critters tied up in the burning barn, and now for the best part! Woody said in a critters voice Help us! The barn's on fire! (normal voice) I've got ya, critters. Woody said using his normal voice as he enters the box and emerges, holding a handful of packing peanuts

No need to worry. Woody saves the day again!  YEEE-HAH!! Said Jessie

Now! Where's my trusty steed Bullseye? I have to ride off into the sunset... Ohh! Woody said as Bullseye sweeps him off his feet Ride like the wind, Bullseye! Woody falls off Bullseye's back with the saddle.

Jessie bends down to help Woody up, accidentally tickling him W-Watch it. Wait, wait. I'm ticklish, okay? said Woody Oh, you are? Replied Jessie.

No. No, no, no. Cut it out Woody said as Jessie starts tickling him. Vallia laughs at it with a smile Stop it. Stop it, stop it. No, please. Please! No! No, no! Stop it! Stop it! Woody laughs.

Inside the vent, Utility Belt Buzz runs ahead and scans the area as the toys walk wearily behind him.

Mission log. Have reached Zurg's command deck. But, no sign of him or his wooden captive. Then they hear Woody's voice through the vent. Please! No! Woody said Please! No!

That's Woody! Said Slinky as
Utility Belt Buzz says this way! [They run towards the cover]
Woody: Please! Please! No! No! No! No! No! Woody pleads

Can you see? What's going on? Mr. Potato Head asked Buzz.

I'm begging you! Woody said to Jessie take that! I'm begging you! No more! Woody pleaded As Utility Belt Buzz uses one of Mr. Potato Head's eyes to see what's going on through the bars of the grill Vallia was beginning to feel dizzy oh so dizzy.