Season 2- True intentions

"We've got another half day worth of travel, are you up for it girl?" Ryker shifted his weight causing my body to almost roll off of his shoulder.

"No." I spat out. We had already been traveling for a full day, and I had only gotten control of my fingers and toes. "Where did you even get this tranquilizer anyway?"

"Only the worst place on earth. We have a few of them." Tashiro smiled while holding up two more darts.

My eyes closed with contemplation. Thinking on who they might take out with those darts. We have 6 others following us aside from
Myself.

Though I was sure my group was exhausted. The two men hadn't even stopped for a break. Like they didn't need food or water to keep going, and it had already been a full day since we left town.

I sighed and wiggled my fingers. The tingling feeling made me wince in an almost pain. My body had fallen asleep, but I stayed conscious.

I wanted to make sure they were following. I wanted to make sure it was only the two of them and not a third or fourth member. I needed to know that we had got this in the bag and they were the ones playing into our hands.

I had not spoken a word since yesterday. And I was sure that if I tried now, all that would come out would be pained groan. I wanted to clutch my side at the constant pressure on my stomach from being carried forever.

My hopes were that my group was better off then me. I had eaten, slept, or drank any water. Though I felt as if I was thriving.

Thriving with anger and aggravation.

I kicked my leg in hopes that it would actually move. It twitched. Ryker didn't seem to notice as he was in constant movement. Though I was jumping internally. It was wearing off just as fast as it came.

And with that came the feeling of pain. I was sore. From the lack of movement as well as the strange position.

And therefore I simply rolled off of rykers shoulder. Landing on the ground with a groan before I sprang back up, a hand held to my stomach.

Tashiro jumped into action, using the sword at his hip to threaten me into obeying. His eyes almost glowing a sharp green with wickedness.

"I won't fight. There's no use anyway. We are too far. Just take me where you think I need to go." I spat out at them. Rubbing at my torso and stretching my arms out towards the sky. I was surprised at my own voice. It was hoarse and it hurt to speak out.

The two stalked me for a minute. They exchanged glances as if speaking secret words through their numb expressions. I continued to stretch and mind my own business. Surveying my surroundings. Praying I didn't notice any strange patterns of a haori.

But the lack of any strange pattern also made me nervous. They had to still be there, following. Or else this plan would fall through.

                                          🌸

3rd Person POV

About a half mile away from (Y/n)'s current position, the six group members stood silently, as they preferred to stay hidden.

Tanjiro was confident in his tracking ability, though they had to use many other methods to know of (Y/n)'s exact location.

Inosuke breathed out as he stood up from his spatial awareness form. "They haven't moved yet. At least she's not limp anymore."

Tanjiro almost laughed out in relief. It had scared him on how long I had been unmoving. He warmed up his hands from the cooler air. He looked up to the sky in deep thought. The fist time he met (Y/n) was in weather like this. He couldn't believe it had almost been a whole year since they had met. Most of the time they spent together were with traveling, or in private. Just the two of them staring silently at each other to feel their presence next to them.

Especially after a long hard day full of death.

"She's nervous as hell. I can hear her heart beating like a drum at a festival." Zenitsu chimed in. He was the only indication that I was in fact still alive. Zenitsu silenced everyone with a finger, to listen to the conversation and how sharp it had gotten. He was scared for (Y/n), because of course he cared for her, she was one of his best friends. "They've gone quiet. She said she'd follow them."

"This is going smoothly. They said a half day correct? That means it will be dark by the time we arrive. We must be cautious." Kanao spoke out softly to the group. Her senses hyper fixated on the surrounding area.

Kanao tightened her ponytail in nervousness as she gripped around her hip to find her sword hilt. She needed it as a reminder that she too, was capable of making her own decisions, as well as protecting herself. She sighed with ease once she realized that her sword was still-in fact, at her side.

The all nod quietly in agreement.

Inosukes nostrils flared up in excitement and readiness. Though the group had not rested much, they were used to long days such as these when they wouldn't get any sleep. The final selection proving the worth of every promising candidate, and their true intentions behind their reasoning to join the corps.

"Let's go. They're on the move again."
_________________________________
Original release date: August 6th 2022