Season 2- Hello darling

I calmed my breathing as took a step towards a massive abandoned mansion. Of course there was mold built into the wooden structure making it hard for anyone to breath in. But the two I traveled with seemed to have no mind to it.
They had obviously been here before. So whatever was bugging me had no effect on them.

The yard of the mansion was nothing to be impressed about. For there was thousands of feet worth of nothing but plain grass and flowers. But the flowers had wilted away, staying rooted into the ground as if not being allowed to leave and flutter off.

I wanted to be anywhere but there right then. I wanted to be dancing with Nezuko having a private dance party. Or I wanted to be playing chess silently with Zenitsu, the only game he would put 100% focus into. I wanted to play fight with Inosuke because he always knew how to make it fun.

I wanted to caress Tanjiro's cheek in the morning. Saying nothing but sweet words to each other about what we were going to do that day and soft 'good morning's'

But my daydreaming came crashing down as we took the first step into the hallway. The ground creaked underneath my feet. I had to be well aware of my surroundings. Unfortunately, Inosuke never got to teach me his concentration techniques like we wanted.

I didn't dare to touch the wall. Afraid that if I even made contact with anything in the building it would infect me like some sort of plague. But as we dove deeper into the mansion, I could sense that the outside was the worst part.

We turned to a different hallway, revealing the kitchen. It's walls built sturdy, and its table filled with empty plates for show. The rest of the doors were sure to be molded shut. With no hope for opening them without an explosion or fire.

An idea popped into my head.

If push came to shove we could blow the Mansion up. The mold would surly react to it seeing as there had obviously been a gas buildup.

But the words muddled in my head as we approached a completely normal looking door. It was entirely offset compared to the rest of the interior. It wasn't even the same type of wood, or design.

Ryker walked to the door without any hesitation. He flashed me a weird grin as he turned the knob slowly.

Tashiro's hands were suddenly placed on my shoulders and tightened around to make sure he had a solid hold of my figure, and that I would not be able to get out easily.

How wrong he was. But I made sure to snap my mouth shut. I was so sure that this room would have kept the mastermind behind all of our troubles.

The only room that smelled of Sakura petals, soft music playing from a phonograph in the corner.

"Hello darling, (Y/n)"

Just the tone of his voice sent chills straight down my spine.

I didn't dare look, but it felt as if my own will painfully craned my neck to the side in panic. I wanted to cry, kick, and scream.

It was so obvious. So blatantly obvious that I had not felt more stupid than in this moment.

His hair was the deepest shade of black that I had ever seen, while his skin sat at an uncomfortable blue color. The shirt gracing over his bulked frame did him no justice as it felt like it wasn't covering anything. And his pants were the same it had been once I last saw him.

Demon slayer corps uniform.

Diakoku (L/n) sat right in front of me, his hands placed on his hips unamused at my lack of words.

"Happy to see me? You don't look like it." He sneered.

"But...but I killed you...?" I began to question my sanity. My hands began to shake and I could hear Ryker and Tashiro snicker.

Daikoku put on a smile. "Oh that. It was fake." He shrugged simply as he decided now was the perfect time to stand up and approach me. "Well... not entirely."

I needed to run. But my feet continued to be planted in its place. An aurora of emotions weighed on my body heavily.

It wasn't supposed to happen like this. What had I missed? How did Diakoku become yet another demon?

"I believe you have a few gaps in your memory dear sister. Maybe that first teleportation trick mixed you up a little?" His form was much bigger than it was before. His eyes were dead, his body blue as if he had drowned. His figure not his own.

It wasn't the figure of my brother. It was the corpse of my father remade.

My heart began beating rapidly. Demon slayer training had not prepared me for this. If I had even touched him once I was sure to kill myself.

The soul of my brother, but the body of my father. Too much information would be filled into my head making it explode.

Currently I believed I was safe. Well... safe enough. But there was nothing I wanted more than to have my squad by my side. Not bearing all of this information on my own.

"It was no simple entity that teleported you away, it was I. We were fighting against Muzan himself remember?" His colossal hand patted my head softly as he guided me to the side of a room with a chair. "He saw promise in me, but threatened you. Of course as soon as he turned me into a demon he set his heart on killing you after, but I managed to get you away." His smile so sincere.

"I killed you." I said, now confident at my decision. "But who are these?" I pointed at Ryker and Tashiro.

"Non existent. These are forms of myself." And with just the snap of his finger, the two bodies collapsed on the ground, the black smoke being absorbed by none other than my brother. The men had been dead before I even met them. "My only goal is to protect you. Nothing more." He smiled.