Walk

"(Y/n)! You've come back! And only after four days! That's an accomplishment." He boomed out. There was something wrong with him. I could tell. "Why don't we take a walk?" He asked me.

My gaze turned cold but he didn't seem to notice. "I would rather not. See, we've been out all day looking for you so I would prefer to rest a little. Maybe later." I step back away from the table, unaware of the boy behind me. My back pressed against Tanjiro's chest and I turn around quickly to look up at him.

"This is your brother?" He asks me sweetly. I couldn't help but stare. Nodding slightly. "It's nice to meet you Diakoku! My name is Tanjiro Kamado. These are my companions, Zenitsu Agastuma, and Inosuke Hashibira. We are a part of your sister's S-class squad." He introducesd everybody.

Zenitsu stared at Diakoku suspiciously. Inosuke smirked at the sound of being on top of his fellow demon slayers. I think him being in S-class will give him too much of an ego boost.

"My my he's polite, isn't he?" Diakoku said, grabbing my shoulder and pulling me towards himself. I break free from the chains he called hands and walked to another table, distancing myself a bit from the boys.

"Tanjiro, can you give me Nezuko and one of the room keys, please? I think it's best if we settle down for now. Diakoku, you should get a room here too. We can go to headquarters tomorrow to report our mission. Let's meet back up here in....an hour?" I recommended. The boys nodded in agreement as Tanjiro handed me the heavy box.

"Please take care of her." He bowed with his requests.

🌸

"Hey, Nezuko?" I asked

"Hmmm?"

"You remember what your life was like right?"

"Hmm hmm."

"....When you get out of that muzzle, will you tell me about it?" If Tanjiro is good at telling stories, then Nezuko must be too right? Nezuko's body shifted in the water of the hot springs when nodding her head vigorously. I laughed at her eagerness. The warm water touched my skin, seeping through to soothe my muscles. "We need to get out soon. The boys will be waiting if we don't hurry." I sighed in disappointment. Though we had only been here for thirty minutes.

We managed to slug out of the bath in disappointment that we couldn't stay in there longer. Nezuko's hair was wet due to her letting it fall into the water. I tied it up for her so it wouldn't get in her face. "Ahhh Nezuko you're so cute! Your hair is so long." I said playing with it a bit before getting dressed. Slipping on my uniform, I realized that it was getting worn down a bit. I would need to get that checked out.

Finally making it downstairs, the boys had already gotten a table and were chatting away. I didn't realize one of the men there. He was quite handsome actually.

"Are ya gonna keep standing there or are ya gonna order something?" He asked.

"Inosuke?!?" His voice surprised me. Who knew that someone with this perfect skin could be such a hard head. I laughed aloud at my naievity. "I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you without your mask on. Come on Nezuko let's sit over here." I said grabbing her hand and guiding her over to our seats. "So Diakoku, what happened with that demon?"

"He got away."

"You let him what?!" The volume of my own voice startled me and I covered my mouth. "Mind elaborating?" I asked a bit more quietly

"When you left, it dipped! Simple as that." He replied while snickering at the ridiculousness. My head hung low as I complained under my breath. We spent all that time for him to get away. What a waste of effort...

"Hmm hmm!" Nezuko hummed underneath her muzzled at me in a form of comfort. I smiled a bit at her successful attempt.

"Thank you," I said, patting her head.

Later, food came with drinks. Inosuke stuffed himself and Zenitsu scolded him for not eating like a gentleman.

"Tell me Diakoku," I whispered to him while the rest were laughing away. "Why are you still here when you know to immediately report to headquarters when something like this happens. They lost contact with you." My eyes grew sharp, looking for any signs of nervousness. But he stared me straight in the eyes. Bingo.

"My crow hadn't come to find me after the demon disappeared. I thought he had eaten it or something." He said. Playing with his food.

"How about that walk hmm? After dinner then" I recommend. Tanjiro and Inosuke heard that part of our conversation. Zenitsu was trying far too hard to compliment Nezuko.

"It is the perfect night for a stroll. The weather is just right, don't you agree?" Tanjiro asked. He nudged my shoulder just a bit and I subtly nudge him back in agreement.

"Indeed Tanjiro! What nice partners you have (Y/n). It would be a shame if anything bad were to happen to them. But I bet they can take care of themselves." Daikoku smiled at the two of use with his head placed in the palm of his hands.

I had paid for the food, but not without another argument from Tanjiro.

"I'll pay, you guys can get a head start with your walk, it won't take long for me to catch up." Tanjiro said.

"What a wonder-" Diakoku began but I interrupted.

"No need, I can use the Corps money. This is a mission after all." I took out my wallet from one of the pockets but Tanjiro held my advancements down with his hand.

"Where did you get that from?" Tanjiro asked.

"Don't they give you money for your journey? I mean in the city it's a necessity."

"No, I don't think they ever have."

"Then this is more of a reason to let me pay for it then." Before he could say anymore, I had given the money to our waitress and was already on my way outside. I heard Tanjiro sigh in defeat and I smiled a bit.

I lied about the allowance. But let's not tell him that. "You lead the way, Diakoku. You've been here longer than we have." My group followed behind us as we walked through the now empty streets. Every so often, we would see the occasional person walking through. Tanjiro talked to Inosuke about his life in the woods while holding Nezuko's hands. Zenitsu tried his best to flatter her even more than he already had and she drew closer to Tanjiro, creeped out a bit.
—————————————————————————
Original release date: April 22 2020