We're Safe

After Y/N and Jean entered the Nether realm, the gang waited outside in the Overworld for them to return. While waiting, some small Magma cubes invaded the Overworld. However, Mick and Kobayashi managed to kill them by stomping their feet on them, leaving glowing yellow blood spurting out of the magma cubes' corpses.

He and Kobayashi sighed as they were bored of killing those creatures entering the Overworld. It was already nightfall as the group kept waiting, as time slows down in the Nether. Luna heads out to the forest to hunt for food as Kobayashi sets up a campfire in the cave where the portal is, staying in the cave for the night.

"Damn," Mick said, "What's taking them so long?"

"Patience, Mick," said Kobayashi as he sets up the campfire, "Time is different in the Nether than it is here in the Overworld. Besides, you can't tell whether it is night or day in there."

Mick finds that fact intriguing, "Huh." He scoffed. Just then, Luna arrived and collected three raw meat from cows and two raw rabbit meat, with a torch in her hand.

"Has Jean and Y/N returned yet?" Luna asked. Kobayashi and Mick replied by shaking their heads, and saying 'no'.

"Huh, it's been the entire day," she said as she placed two raw meat and two rabbit meat on the wood of the campfire to cook it.

"Like I told Mick, time is different in various realms than it is in the Overworld. Did you guys not focus in lecture period during your time at the Academy?" Kobayashi asked the two young warriors.

"Argh, it's just..." Mick sighed as he remembers those stressful times he had in the Academy, "The professor gave us so much information. I was so stressed and my mind is full, there's not enough space for me to store more stuff in."

Kobayashi gave him a frowned expression, "That's the worst excuse I've ever heard from you."

"Well for me, I wasn't listening." Said Luna, without hesitation or regret.

Kobayashi placed his hand on his face in disbelief, annoyed that they weren't focus in class. "Why did they even promote you kids to be high ranking warriors."

The trio listened to the crackling sound of the campfire while they wait for the meat to be fully cooked. "So... what'd you guys wanna talk about?" Luna asked, deciding to start a conversation

Kobayashi shrugged, while Mick statrs speaking, "Umm... I dunno. What do you wanna do when you retire from being a warrior, Luna?"

"Well," she fiddled her fingers, "I would run a company by selling weapons, probably I would become a blacksmith."

"A blacksmith, huh?" Mick raised his eyebrow.

"What? You got a problem with blacksmiths?"

"Naw, no, I'm cool with blacksmiths. No problem at all."

Kobayashi chuckled, "You once worked with a blacksmith, Mick."

"Once," he said. "That was... a long time ago. I was just a kid back in the day. Working with a blacksmith is absolute hell!"

"Hehe, I know the feels," said Luna, she turns her head to Kobayashi and asked, "What about you, Kobayashi? What'd you wanna do when you retire?"

Kobayashi looked down at his feet and said, "Find a wife, have kids. Live a peaceful life without having to go through shit like this again."

Mick and Luna looked at Kobayashi with a bit of sadness. Mick placed his hand on Kobayashi's shoulder and said, "Don't worry, Kobayashi. Once we're done with all of this, we're gonna get you a woman to hook up with. But first, we need to know what your fetish is." He jested.