Untitled Part 3

Sasori picked a nondescript puppet that appeared to be a very tall, bulky male of middle age. Though tall, nothing else about the man's appearance was noteworthy so he wouldn't be remembered among the villagers. He wasn't too attractive or too ugly, had short cropped brown hair, and brown eyes. He didn't have to worry about drawing any attention to himself; stealth was second only to poison in his repertoire.

He allowed Deidara to get in the other puppet he had set aside. "I'm pretty proud of this one." He said trying very little to hide it. "He's by far the best looking one and one of the deadliest out of the new batch. " This one had blue black hair down to his mid shoulders, green eyes, and nice slender build and perfect lips. 

"I know that's not the case, the first part I mean. I don't doubt the second." Deidara said.

"So what's the best looking one? The kazekage one I had?" 

"Uh I don't know. You took the senbon out of here though right?" Deidara quickly changed the subject by way of deflection. 'You. You're the best looking one.' He thought to himself but never would say aloud.

"Do you really think I'm that stupid brat? I removed any that could accidentally launch; I left a few though." He showed him quickly how to release them. "Only use them in emergencies. They are a different style of poison than my usual but if we keep a low enough profile, you won't need it."

He rolled his eyes but quickly got into the puppet after putting his gloves on. He went to take a step and promptly fell over. 

"Oh." Sasori said in a teasing tone. "It's easier with chakra strings but you'll get it. Probably."

He quickly brushed himself off and stood back up awkwardly.  "Shut up danna."

He managed to at least get his bearings as they set off for the nearby village. Before entering the gates, Sasori piped up. "Don't separate. Get only what you need. And get the hell out without drawing attention."

Deidara rolled his blue eyes at the shorter man. "I'm not stupid. Besides, you're more likely to draw attention anyway."

"Says the bomber." 

That ended the conversation as they stepped through the gates not even bothering to glance at the guard who barely looked their way either.

The first stop was the food stalls which were very well stocked for such a small village. Sasori saw Deidara was piling so many items in the cart it was already half full. "We'll only be here another week and a half, so much food is unnecessary."

"Maybe I'm sick of eating soup." He snapped. Not that the soup Sasori had made him was bad but it was only human to crave more variety. Plus, the years in Akatsuki had offered few and far between in terms of opportunities for gourmet or even average cooked home meals. Lots of soldier pills and energy bars. Deidara shuddered. 'I'd be fine with never eating that shit again.'

"Well, it does no good to buy things we can't easily transport." Sasori tried to reason without being too harsh.

Deidara begrudgingly decided he had a point and put a few items back in a dramatic fashion prompting an eye roll he couldn't see from the red haired poison specialist.

Deidara had some of his own money that he used to buy what Sasori considered a ridiculous amount of clay. It had taken nearly 3 hours of him grabbing and even discreetly licking multiple types to see what best suited his purpose. "You know other people probably have touched that so you're licking other people's hands basically."

"That's gross to think about."

"You're the one doing it."

"Anything for my art. No price is too high." He smirked.