Untitled Part 10

No sooner had the clay dragon touched down than Deidara pulled Sasori away by the hand. "Should I detonate it now or wait?" His voice wavered due to the strong shivers that wracked his body.

"Leave it. This is remote enough no one will notice if you wait until morning. We need to get out of this shit." Sasori didn't want to voice it because he felt that they'd been "couply" enough today but he really didn't want the blonde to get sick from this arctic abomination.

Sasori lead Deidara to a rocky outcropping that he would have smacked his face into if his vision wasn't better.

"Where is this shit?" Sasori borderline panicked as he dug elbow deep into the snow, trying to find the trip wire he knew was there.

Deidara said nothing but set the bags down nearby as he felt he would end up dropping them if he kept holding them.

"There!" Sasori yanked the wire and the rock outcropping made a loud screeching noise as the front part slid away to show an entrance you had to crawl under. The now four feet of snow was unpleasant to crawl on but the blonde didn't even complain once.

"Let me get the other bag." Deidara's lips were unmistakably blue and he could see the beginnings of frostbite on his fingers.

"You stay by the fire that I'm going to start brat and get out of those wet snow drenched clothes." Brief fluctuations in the weather had caused the snow to melt and then reharden so it was really ice drenched if you were getting technical. Sasori silently judged himself for defaulting to being bossy and methodical.

Deidara looked like he wanted to protest but gave up as Sasori started the fire while bringing the bags in in tandem. He yanked the door closed.

"You're always such a showoff." Deidara teased as he threw his shirt and pants onto the nearby couch. This place was a ton dustier than the previous hideouts so you could tell it didn't get used much. Sasori didn't even bother scolding him about the clothes on the couch.

Sasori tried not to stare as Deidara sat on the bed after toweling off a bit in nothing but sinfully tight boxers. He toweled his hair dry and closed his eyes, trying to force himself to stop shaking because it both annoyed him and he didn't want to annoy his partner.

Sasori changed his clothes though the weather didn't affect him and deadbolted the door. He turned his back to Deidara though the blond was too tired to bother checking him out at the moment, not that the desire wasn't there though.

The man was nearly asleep when he felt a heavy comforter tossed at him. "Have you eaten anything?"

"You've been with me all day, so no."

"When?"

"Hm?"

"When was the last time you ate?"

Deidara mulled it over, noticing the growing pain in his stomach and pegging it as hunger. "It's only been two days."

Sasori pulled at his hair. "And we have no shit to eat here."

"I'll be fine for a day or two yet. I think my record is a week, though I definitely felt like death by the end of it."

Sasori ignored this statement and dug through a bag, smirking triumphantly at his find. "Good enough." He tossed some soup on the stove that he silently thanked multiple gods he didn't believe in that it started on the first try despite smelling highly questionable.

He put the bowl on the dust covered mahogany table. "Deidara." He called urgently.

He sat the man up as his blue eyes fluttered open slowly. "Eat." He sighed and handed the bowl to the blonde instead.