Untitled Part 13

Sasori headed out the next morning against his better judgment to inquire about the position at the flower shop. Deidara had left a note saying he had gone outside of the village to try out some explosion release techniques but that he would "more than make up for his absence later that night." The redhead smirked. 'I'll be looking forward to that.'

He hadn't voiced his true complaint with Deidara but the reason he was hesitant to go was truly idiotic. The man didn't care if working with flowers was deemed girly or if anyone thought he was gay. He was beyond caring about that, if he ever really had in the first place. Though reluctant to admit it, his eye for art extended to color coordination and he couldn't imagine flower arranging would be too difficult for him. Plus, as his blonde partner had reiterated previously, their normal means of acquiring money wasn't ideal here.

The real complaint was the fact it was owned by an elderly woman. His chest clenched at the thought this person might remind him of his grandmother. He wished she had died because knowing she was alive out there somewhere actually made things harder for him. Because whether he wanted to or not, Sasori was anything but forgetful. And he couldn't completely forget the past where she had smiled at him, played with him, and cared for him. 

He reminded himself brutally of the hateful look on her face when she and the kunoichi had thought he was dead. She had looked at his as if he was trash beside the road, leaving his body out there where it would feed the carrion. He knew he was closer to a demon than a saint by far, but it didn't change how he felt.  He had convinced himself for many years it was because of his obsession with puppets, specifically the human sort that drove a wedge between them, however, he was acutely aware that that wasn't where their relationship died.

Her feelings towards her grandson had died alongside his parents. It made him wonder if she had ever genuinely cared for him at all really. Thoughts like that, made him question everything. His capacity for emotions. His feelings towards Deidara. What the blonde really thought of him. 

The memory of the previous day flooded back with the force of a crashing wave. Ethereal blue eyes sparkling, pink lips red from the aggressive kissing, accompanied by a light masculine voice saying "you're perfect Sasori." He smiled slightly to himself as he opened the door of the shop. 'That hadn't been faked. Whether he agreed with the man or not, his ridiculous partner had genuinely believe that.'

"Come in." A gruff rather rude voice beckoned from the interior of the flower shop.

Despite the cheeriness of the outside, inside the flower shop was dim and almost grubby. Sasori curled his lip at how odd of an atmosphere this was for this type of business. 

"Are you Adima?" Sasori hated waiting and refused to deal with obligatory small talk.

A woman a few inches taller than Sasori with long gray hair, a metallic silver cane, and shrewd green eyes walked up to him and stared him down. "Depends on who the hell is asking."

Sasori gaped at her, a bit taken aback. 'What a total shrew.' "I was asking based on this ad but it seems you clearly have this under control, so I'll take my leave." And with that, the redhead turned around and began walking briskly towards the dimly lit entrance.

"Wait, child. I thought you were a solicitor of some sort." Her voice was a bit kinder now though still much rougher than would be expected of a woman.

He scoffed irritably. "I'm no child." He turned around slowly, meeting her gaze evenly.

"Hm, so it appears you are not. Your face may be young but your eyes tell another story. No matter, you are interested in the ad. No bullshit?" She raised a grey eyebrow.

Sasori felt a bit of the tension leave his body. He had worried for no reason. This woman was nothing like Chiyo. 

"No bullshit." He mocked her a bit simply because he could.