Chapter 25

"Why are you here?"

We were already inside my condo, My father and Tita Evelyn were sitting on the couch on the living room while drinking the juice that I served.

"I missed my daughter that's why we're here," Tita Evelyn gave me a genuine smile at bahagya itong tumayo para yakapin ako which I reciprocated. "Aren't you happy to see us, anak?"

"Who was that woman?" My father asked out. "Isn't she the daughter of the Cortez?"

I already knew that he would asked this dahil nakita niya kaming naguusap kanina sa tapat ng condo ko, he probably saw the flowers too.

"Why do you care?" I asked back with my serious expression. "Wala kang pakialam 'kung sino ang mga taong nakakasama ko."

Thankfully, hindi na lumingon si Claine sa'kin kanina so she didn't saw my dad. I don't want her to meet him, he isn't a great man and he would obviously use her kapag nalaman niyang Cortez siya.

"Is that your way to welcome your Dad and your Tita Evelyn? Hindi kita pinalaking ganyan." He fired back at me pero agad siyang hinawakan ni tita sa braso.

"Vincent, stop it. Give your daughter a break, ngayon na lang ulit kayo nagkita." Madiing banggit ni Tita kaya umayos ng upo si daddy.

"You're right hindi mo ako pinalaki, you were never a father to me." I sarcastically said at nakita ko ang pagamo ng mukha niya.

Tita Evelyn is Samantha's mother. Yes. Sam and I aren't real siblings, we're just step sisters but I treat her like my real sister and I'm thankful for Tita Evelyn dahil kahit papaano she treats me like I'm her daughter too, except for him. He treats me like I'm not his child. Ever since I was a kid he would constantly shout at me, or even hurt me for doing stuffs that irritates him. Well, everything I do irritates him, hindi siya natuwa sa'kin o sa kahit anong gawin ko.

They said that my mother died when I was a baby, he said that she died after giving birth to me and that's the reason too on why we never get along, sinisisi niya ako sa pagkamatay ni Mommy. He reminded me every possible time he could get, that I was the reason why his wife and my mother died.

Over time I grew up to be cold and distant to everyone dahil lumaki akong ganon, I was tired of crying everyday thinking what was wrong with me dahil ganon ang trato niya sa'kin. I was just a child back then, I didn't know anything. I even envied other children who had a great family.

Then Samantha came in, In fact, I should've been mad at Samantha. Dad was treating her very different, he loves her and he always gives her the attention of a father. The way he couldn't give me. But growing up, I realized that I can't be mad to Samantha because she gave me love, attention, and happiness, the way my dad couldn't give me. I felt comfort and peace with her because she was there, she cared along with Tita Evelyn and Yaya Agnes.

They gave me love when I felt like no one does.

——

"Daddy, you're home! look at my grades."

Masayang pagbati ko sakanya 'nung makauwi siya ng bahay, It was already midnight but I waited for him. I wanted to show him my achievements, I wanted to show him how good I am at everything I do.

"Does looking at it matters? Your grades aren't even high. I'm wasting my money on you, stupid child."

I knew he was drunk again like he always is kapag umuuwi siya dito at sanay na akong ganito siya.