Chapter 26

"So, Samantha. What course do you want to choose in college? You're already near there. Three years from now, right?"

I heard his voice but I remained sitting on my chair at patuloy pa din ako sa pagkain ko, we were currently having dinner. I don't even want to eat dinner but Tita Evelyn begged me, so here I am sitting and pretending like we're a great family.

News flash! We're not.

"Uh, I wanna pursue... fine arts. If that's alright with you, Dad?" Samantha politely answered.

I knew she would want to take fine arts, she loves to draw and paint everytime. Magaling siya doon at mabuti nalang alam niya na kung anong gusto niyang kuhanin sa college. On the other hand, I was already enrolled in first year college because I was ahead of Samantha.

"Fine arts, of course that's alright with us. That's a great course." Malamyang sagot ni Daddy sakanya.

Tahimik lang akong kumakain, I'm not minding what they're talking about even though I hear it. Ayokong makisali dahil alam 'kong hindi magiging maayos ang usapan namin kapag sumabat pa ako.

"What about you? What course did you took?"

Kaagad na umangat ang ulo ko nang marinig ko ang malamig na boses niya, I was right. He was facing me with his blank expression.

"BSED." I answered his question.

"You what? Didn't I told you to take Financial Management?" I heard his sharp tone. I didn't care and I just kept on eating.

"I told you, I don't want to take Financial Management," Sagot ko pa rin. "I don't want that."

"Switch your course." He coldly told me.

I tightened my grip on the spoon and fork, how could he tell me to switch my course. I clearly told him na ayokong mag take ng BSFM but he was still insisting it dahil sa company niya, he said that I would take over his company but I declined.

"Hon, let her choose what she wants. BSED is a great course too." It was Tita Evelyn's turn to talk kaya napatingin ako sakanya, she just gave me a small smile. "She wants to be a Professor, that's nice. I'm sure she'll do great."

"But that's not what we talked about, I want her to take control of our company soon. She can't take over if she's gonna study being a Professor."

Nakatingin lamang ako sakanila when I felt Samantha's hand held mine under the table, I looked up to her and she was also looking at me too like she's telling me to not worry 'cause she's here.

"She can pick whatever she likes, Hon. Don't force her to choose something she doesn't want."

"Nonsense! Then who would run the company if we retire?" Bakas sa boses at expression ni Daddy ang galit at padabog niyang binitawan ang utensils na nasa kamay niya. "I'm counting on her!"

"I want to become a Professor," Ito ang tanging lumabas sa bibig ko nang makaharap ako sakanya, he looked at me with anger in his expression. "I want to teach."

"No, you are going to switch your course and you will be studying BSFM. That's final!" He spatted out on me.

I couldn't take it, padabog akong tumayo while I was looking at him with annoyance. Tita Evelyn and Samantha were shock to my sudden action, sinubukan 'kong pakalmahin ang sarili ko pero hindi ko na talaga mapigilan.

"I am not listening to you, If you want want financial management that bad? Then go learn it yourself."

Tinalikuran ko siya at tsaka ako lumakad palayo. Only three steps but the words that came out from his mouth caught my attention, making me froze in my spot. Napatigil ako sa paglalakad.