Chapter 31

"So, hija... when's the wedding?"

I squinted my eyes as soon as my brows furrowed with his question. He was asking me nonstop, again. Paulit ulit akong tumitingin sa gawi ni Henry, he was beside me and our parents was in front of us.

His parents and mine suggested that we should have a family dinner, they saw the footage too and that made my father so excited. As if it's real.

"Just keep playing along..." Henry simply whispered.

We decided to keep playing along with that fake proposal, baka masira ang imahe namin parehas kapag pinahayag naming hindi naman totoo ang kasal na magaganap. What would everyone think? That we're a fraud and that we're seeking attention by doing that fake proposal. We can't risk that.

"We're not rushing things. Henry and I wanna take our time, I still have lots of achievements to accomplish... I don't wanna get married that fast." I quickly gave his father an answer, mukhang hindi pa siya natuwa sa sinagot ko dahil nakita ko 'yon sa mukha niya habang pinapakinggan ako.

"Pero matanda na kayong dalawa. You can still achieve everything even if you two are married, right Vincent?" He looked at my father, waiting for his words to come out. Patago akong umirap.

"Actually, tama si Theo... hindi na kayo mga bata pa, it would be hard for the both of you to raise a kid when you grow older. Think about it—"

"Actually tito, the decision is still up to Avery..."

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag ng sagipin ako ni Henry sa nakakalunod na sitwasyong nangyayari. While his father and mine disagreed with what he said, causing me to massage my temples. It was so stressful!

"But since we're sure that you're getting married, then we should set up the location already! What do you guys have in mind? A beach wedding?" His father joyfully asked again. A beach wedding sounds nice, the only problem is that it's not Henry who I'm gonna marry, he's not the one.

"Or how about abroad? In new york? Paris? Anywhere! Of course, Theo and I have no problem with that, isn't that right?" My father meddle too, tumango naman ang tatay ni Henry dahil doon. Patuloy pa rin silang naguusap ng mga kung anong bagay, kung saan kami dapat magpa-kasal.

"Enough!" I shouted in annoyance.

That's when silence came in. Lahat sila ay natahimik at nakatingin lamang sa'kin, mukhang gulat pa dahil sa biglaan kong pag-sigaw. Mabuti nalang at nasa vip area kami, it was only us who were here.

Bumuntong hininga ako, I felt dizzy with their noises. I was so stressed with everything that's going on in my life... the issue with this marriage, the fight between Claine and I, and the issue going around the media.

"Excuse me, everyone. I have an emergency." I manage to stood up, lahat sila nakatingin sa'kin pero walang sumubok na mag-salita. I looked at my side. "Henry, let's go. Kailangan nating mag-usap."

Sobrang daming issue ang kumalat patungkol sa'kin dahil sa balitang ito, there were issues of me about cheating... they assumed that Claine and I have something, at dahil nakita nila ang balitang magpapakasal ako kay Henry, the issue of cheating started growing. It started to spread. It is so frustrating to be in this situation, to feel suffocated with everyone around you.

"I can't handle this anymore, this is bullshit." I ranted out 'nung makalabas kami ng venue, nasa parking lot kami ngayon, naguusap. "Ayoko ng gawin 'to,"

"We can't back out now that fast, they'll suspect."

I left after Henry and I talked. Nagusap lang kami tungkol sa investigation na pinapagawa niya, they still have no clue on who did that thing and it's starting to annoy me, I wanna end every fuss about me.