5

Lena's POV

I saw Kara wiping away her tears and examining me anxiously. She was waiting for an answer or at least a reaction, but I had a lump in my throat and couldn't talk yet. Kara had been through so much because she wanted to save our friendship. I realized she was right and understood why she had suddenly changed her attitude towards me. She always wanted to make things right, but that afternoon she just came to me and said she would treat me like any other villain if I became one. At that time I didn't know what had made her change her mind so quickly, at that time it had hurt me that she gave up so quickly, but now I understand.

I looked into her beautiful blue eyes and noticed how she slowly came closer to me. I stopped and waited, I wanted to know what she wanted to do now. I looked at her lips, an urge to kiss her again. What is wrong with me?! Pull yourself together Lena! A Luthor doesn't lose CONTROL that easily! But this is Kara... arghhh it's hard to be in control with her, I just want to hold her to me.

Kara's face was dangerously close to mine now and I could feel her breathing. We stayed silent for a while until she came even closer and our foreheads touched. "Please don't cry Lena, I'm so sorry for everything...". I hadn't noticed that tears were running down my cheeks.

"I'm not crying out of sadness, I'm touched that you did all this so that I didn't have to go through this pain. But it made me who I am now, so please don't apologize anymore okay? I've already forgiven you. I'm just so happy to have you back right now" and with that, I pulled Kara into a hug. I felt her hug me too and I felt protected. I found my favorite place and I never want to let go of her... I just lo-like her too much! I just like her. Yes, just like a best friend likes a best friend. Nothing more nothing less. God... who am I trying to fool here... I can't imagine my life without her...

When we let go of each other after an eternity, I realized that it was already late and Kara had a date with Nia. So I got up from the couch and she did the same.

"I'd better get going, it's already late and you still have to meet Nia," I explained to Kara. She just nodded and accompanied me to the door.

When I was almost out of the door, I turned around and asked the question that had been on my mind since we met again.

"Kara? Is everything okay between us again?". Kara looked at me with that warm smile. "Yes, Lena, don't you remember what I told you before all this? Before I was sent to the Phantom Zone. I said you were the only one I would trust with Myriad and knew you would do right by it. You indeed hurt me, but you proved to me the day the world was almost taken over by Lex that you were there for me. You were by my side, you protected my identity, you built my armor, and you also saved my life. That's why we should put this in the past and not let it happen again, okay?"

It felt like I had suddenly become lighter. Like a huge weight on my shoulders had just disappeared because of Kara's words. I felt relieved and could finally breathe in and out properly for the first time in months. I jumped into her arms, hugged her tightly and when I let go, I stroked a strand behind her ear. "Okay," I said with the biggest smile I've ever had.

And then on impulse, I gave her a peck on the cheek.

By the time I realized what I was doing, it was too late. I loved having her skin under my lips. But God she is my best friend! I can't have feelings like that for her. When I stood straight in front of her again, I noticed how she blushed.

To keep things from getting weird or uncomfortable between us again, I ignored the fact that she was blushing. I wonder what that meant. Never mind. I pretended that it was the most normal thing in the world to kiss her on the cheek. "Have a good rest, okay? And have fun with Nia", those were my last words before I turned my back to her and fled from her apartment as quickly but calmly as possible.

Here is the 5th chapter :)

I try to upload at least one chapter every day.

I hope u like it. A comment would make me really happy

Your Scorpiongirl