22

When Kara woke up the next day, she was lying on the sofa and Lena was on top of her. Lena looked so peaceful.

Kara's heart warmed up. She gently stroked Lena's black hair.

Rao... I love you so much Lena

Kara froze, realizing what she had just been thinking. Her heart suddenly beat faster. She wasn't "just" in love with Lena anymore. She loved her. She loved her like she had never loved anyone else before.

Lena slowly opened her eyes and looked sleepily at Kara. "Are you okay?" she murmured.

Kara tried to slow down her heartbeat again and smiled.

"Yes, everything is fine. Thank you for calming me down yesterday," she whispered.

Lena snuggled up to Kara again and sighed contentedly. "I could get used to this," she murmured.

Kara looked at her in confusion. "What could you get used to, Lee?"

"Sleeping in your arms. I don't feel as good and safe with anyone as I do with you."

Kara's heartbeat sped up again and a small tear rolled down her face.

Lena, who had her head on Kara's chest, heard her heartbeat. She lifted her head to look into Kara's eyes. She was afraid that Kara would have another panic attack. But when she saw her look full of love, she realized what she had just said.

"Oh, Kara, I..."

"Lena...", Kara interrupted her. "I love y... BREAKFAST. I love food. I am hungry. Very hungry we don't eat since yesterday and we have to go to work soon and I need food and I love food and -"

"Okay okay. I'll make you breakfast. My hungry Kryptonian," Lena laughed. She ignored the tingling in her stomach. She had heard a "y" after "I love." She wasn't sure but it felt like Kara was trying to tell her those three big words. And she doesn't know how she will react if Kara ever tells her.

During breakfast, Kara suddenly got a message. Kara saw that it came from Alex and opened the file. She saw herself and Lena embraced and sleeping. She stared at the picture, then long pressed on it and used that picture for the lock screen.

She smiled at the picture and then looked at Lena again.

Yes...she wanted a life with her by her side. Lena was the one.

"Are you okay?" she asked, pointing to Kara's phone.

Kara just nodded and showed her the photo.

"You have it as a lock screen? And how did you take this picture?"

"Alex sent it to me. This is my favorite photo from now on."

"Okay." Lena blushed slightly.

"Lee? I want to ask you out on a date tonight."

"A D-date?"

"Yes. I promised you that I would make you surprise balls."

Lena smiled and walked over to her. She hugged Kara from behind and kissed her on the cheek.

"Won't you be distracted this time?" she whispered.

Kara swallowed and looked Lena in the eyes. "It's possible." Lena laughed and decided to sit on Kara's lap. She could feel that Kara was slightly nervous and she just looked so cute.

Kara carefully put her hands around Lena's waist and pulled her closer to her.

Lena brushed a strand of hair from Kara's face and sought her gaze.

"Are you nervous?"

Kara blushed slightly and buried her face in Lena's hair.

"Darling?"

"Mhm?", Kara murmured against Lena's neck. Lena shuddered. Kara started to leave light kisses. Lena's heartbeat accelerated. She felt a tingling in her stomach and another place. She held her breath for a moment and suppressed a moan.

Kara explored Lena's neck further until she found a perfect spot, and lightly sucked on it.

Lena let out a soft moan and felt herself getting wet. What was Kara doing to her? She loved it, but at the same time, it scared her. She was afraid of all the feelings she had for this beautiful woman.

On the other hand, it wouldn't have come to this if Lena hadn't sat frontally on her lap.

"mmh Kara... if you keep this up, everyone will see a hickey on my neck...", Lena whispered and tried to suppress another moan.

Kara stopped sucking and kissed her one last time on the spot. Then she left Lena's neck and looked into her eyes again. Lena noticed a gleam in Kara's eyes. It looked like there were stars in her beautiful blue eyes. No one had ever looked at her the way Kara did. Was this true love? Could it be that Lena had found a love like in the books? Someone who would always stay on her side. Would sharing everything with her and her closeness would be the only thing she needed to be happy? Could it be that Kara is her soulmate?

"Are you okay, Lee? Did I do something wrong?" Kara now asked worriedly.

Lena realized that she just stared at Kara for a long time.

"No baby, you did everything right," whispered the black-haired girl.

Kara smiled in relief and pulled Lena to her again.

"Lee... Would you like to go on a date with me? It's here in my apartment. Just the two of us and hopefully surprise balls. What do you say?", Kara started a new attempt.

Lena wrapped her arms around Kara's neck and came closer to her. "I won't answer you until you tell me if you're nervous." Lena teased.

Kara, who was only inches away from Lena's lips, bit her lower lips lightly. Lena tracked her movements and restrained herself from kissing those beautiful lips.

"Yes, I am," Kara whispered, blushing again.

Lena didn't expect Kara to admit it, but then again, she had promised her to always be honest.

"Me too darling," Lena whispered back. "Of course, I want to go on a date with you."

Kara's eyes lit up again, she jumped up happily and squealed with delight. Lena, who was still on her lap, quickly clung to her to keep from falling. Kara had her arms around her and held her tightly.

"Kara!" cried Lena, startled.

The blonde-haired girl just laughed and slowly lowered her down.

"Today 18h30, here with me. Not earlier. Okay, miss Luthor?"

"As you wish, Miss Danvers."

Kara grinned happily and kissed her. "I have to go back to work, I have to work on my new invention," Lena said to her horror.

"Right now?" said Kara with her puppy eyes.

"Yep... I need to put on something else at home real quick."

Kara sadly took Lena's coat and purse and handed them to her.

"Hey don't look at me so sad. You have to go to work too and I'll see you today at 18h30 okay?"

Kara nodded and gave her a passionate goodbye kiss.

"See you in a few hours baby girl."

That was chapter 22, I don't know if you like it....

I hope you still want to read more :)

Your Scorpiongirl