30

Kara continued writing her article, but her thoughts often drifted to Lena.

Rao! Everything was great and perfect. Why did I have to overthink everything again? Lena was there, wanted to spend the whole day with me, and looked so cute in my hoodie. Why did I have to have these thoughts, she needs time. Lena is not like any other, she doesn't know how to have a family you can trust. I can't push her... but argh I imagined what it's like to be with her. Without hiding it. Alex and Nia make it look so easy and they can just be with their loved ones

Kara closed her eyes in frustration and leaned back in the chair. I need to apologize to her.

"Are you okay, Kara?" she suddenly heard a familiar voice. She smiled slightly and opened her eyes.

"Hey, Nia." She had missed the brown-haired girl, she always radiated positive energy and Kara immediately felt better in her presence.

Nia walked over to her and hugged her. She sensed that something was going on, but she had noticed that Kara had deliberately ignored her question.

"Do you want to talk about what's going on, or should we pretend you don't look sad?" asked Nia.

"I can't talk about it, Nia...", Kara looked at her sadly. She couldn't tell one of her closest friends what was going on because it was about Lena. If she just mentioned Lena, Nia would know right away that there was something between them.

"Okay," Nia respected it, but she didn't want to see her friend so sad. What would cheer her up again? And then Nia remembered a certain person Kara was always happy with. She looked at the clock. Two more hours until her lunch break.

"Kara, should we go to the tower during lunch break? Lena and Brainy will surely be so engrossed in their inventions again that they will forget to eat. We could bring them food and while I'm with Brainy, you can keep Lena company for a bit."

Kara's eyes lit up again. This was the perfect reparation and a good opportunity to apologize to Lena.

"Yes, we can do that". Kara looked more cheerful again.

Nia nodded and said goodbye to getting back to work. Kara looked happier again. She wondered when Kara would finally realize that she and Lena were meant for each other. Everyone could see the chemistry between them. She had even made a bet with Brainy. Brainy thought that the probability of a Luthor and a Super getting together was very low, 2.09% to be exact. But Nia thought that in love, percentages are not counted. She was sure that sooner or later her ′mom's ′ would get together. She had not given up hope yet.

Kara was finally able to calm down and quickly continued working on her article. It helped to know that in 2 hours she could be back with Lena and apologize for her suddenly strange behavior.

Meanwhile, Lena continued working on her invention. She was almost finished.

She heard footsteps and turned around curiously. In the doorway was none other than Alex Danvers.

"Hey Lena, am I interrupting?" asked Alex, who saw how focused Lena was working on her invention.

"No, come on in. I'm almost done, I just need to polish it."

Alex curiously stepped inside to see Lena's invention. But as she got closer, she noticed what Lena was wearing and she knew immediately that she had spent the night with her sister.

"Nice hoodie you have on there Lena" Alex grinned knowingly.

Lena knew immediately that Alex had recognized the hoodie as Kara's. That's why it was useless to make something up.