Cheater (Dr Strange)

You woke up later than you usually did, you and Stephen had an eventful night the night before that left you both exhausted and ready for sleep. Stephen had to be up early for a shift at the hospital and you had the day off so you had decided it would be nice for you to cook a nice dinner for you both to have that night.

Getting out of bed you got ready for the day. Hoping in the shower, brushing your teeth and hair, etc. After finishing up you went to the kitchen to see if you had everything you needed to cook dinner tonight. You knew the answer was probably no, between yours and Stephens schedules this past week neither of you have had the chance to go grocery shopping yet. You figured since it was your day off you would go shopping and get the things you needed to make dinner and some other things you needed. You quickly went to the door where you and your fiance kept your shoes and put on your everyday shoes. After standing up straight you noticed that Stephen left his lunch sitting on the table right in front of the door. That man, for one of the best surgeons in the country he could be very forgetful. You often teased him, telling him that he would forget to put someone's brain back in their skull one day to which he would roll his eyes.

Checking the watch Stephen had bought you for your first anniversary you saw it was almost time for his lunch.

"A hungry Stephen is a grumpy Stephen." You said to yourself. You grabbed his lunch off the table and took it with you. You figured you would stop at the hospital first and drop off his lunch, maybe he would let you have lunch with him today. It wasn't often he let you, he always said that this was his place of work and he didn't want to be unprofessional which you understood. There were things about his job that you hated. The long hours, how he would come home stressed and tired or upset if a surgery didn't go well. One of the things you hated the most was the fact that he could not wear his engagement ring and he was working with a former girlfriend, lover, romantic interest? You weren't sure what they were to each other and you were pretty sure they never figured that out either. You wanted him to wear his ring so everyone knew he was spoken for but for sanitary reasons he couldn't wear it in surgery and he told you he didn't want to misplace it.

Taking your purse and his lunch to your car you started your trip to the hospital. His lunch should be starting about five minutes after you got there so you wanted to hurry. Once you got to the hospital you parked and went straight in and to the floor he normally worked on. Looking at your watch you smiled, his lunch will start in 3 minutes perfect timing. The elevator dinged when you reached the floor and you quickly got off to find Stephen. It wouldn't be hard, he was either in the hallway or in his office. He normally didn't go into patients' rooms to speak with them. First you checked his office and when he wasn't there you checked the hallways. It was odd that you couldn't seem to find him.

You turned the corner to see him and Christine exiting a closet, both smiling, breathing heavily and looking disheveled. Your mind immediately started racing. Is this why he never wanted you to visit him at work? So he could have his time with Christine behind your back. Your heart hurt thinking that your fiance of almost a year might have been cheating on you the whole time. You didn't think there was anyway that they did it in the closet but you were still upset to see the watch she bought him on his wrist. You thought he got rid of it months ago after you told him you didn't feel comfortable with him wearing it. You didn't notice the tears falling until the first one dripped onto your hand. You stood unsure of what to do. Every part of you wanted to throw his lunch on the floor and walk away but you couldn't find the strength to do anything right now.

"Y/N?" He finally noticed you, pulling you from your thoughts but you still weren't thinking clearly. He saw the tears in your eyes and looked where he and Christine just walked out of. He knew where your mind must have gone. "Darling, what are you doing here?"