Baby? (Dr Strange)

Stephen had been gone on a mission for several days and during those days you had been feeling ill. You woke up feeling nauseous in the beginning but never got sick but as the week progressed you started waking up and throwing up every morning for almost 3 days now. You walked into the kitchen to look at your calendar so you could schedule an appointment with your family doctor when you noticed you were over a week late for your period. Immediately you went to the corner store and bought three pregnancy tests. You went home and took all of them and patiently waited for the timer on your phone to go off. Once it did you checked and saw three positive pregnancy tests. You released a breath you didn't know you were holding.

What were you going to do? You thought to yourself. Yes you and Stephen were happily married but you never really talked about children. Stephen had never even mentioned having an interest in having kids of his own. The only mention of kids he's ever made was when he heard them crying or carrying on in a store or while out on the street. To which Stephen would make a comment like "this is why I never had kids". You didn't know what you were going to do, what if he didn't want this. You knew he would never leave you over this but you were worried that this would start a huge fight that you really didn't want to deal with right now. So you hid the pregnancy tests under the sink in a toilet paper roll until you knew exactly how you were going to tell him.

You went back into the living room area. There really wasn't much of a living room in the sanctum when Stephen took it over but once you moved in you started turning  one of the bigger rooms on the main floor into a living room type area. You put in a couch and a tv and a book case as well as a couple other little things to make it feel more homey. Stephen did it for you and you appreciated it because it did make a nice place to just sit and watch tv and have a cup of tea in the morning and to lounge about after a long day.

While you were sitting there with your laptop you started daydreaming about what it would be like to have a little version of you or Stephen waddling around the house. You thought about feeling your baby kick for the first time or hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time. Seeing them take their first step or say their first word. Before you realized it you were rubbing your belly with one hand as you sat absentmindedly on the couch. You wanted this baby, you always thought about being a mom but it was never something you dreamed about like others did. But now you were thinking about it and you couldn't stop yourself from thinking you and Stephen would be such great parents. Stephen was so good with Peter, yes he was a little harsh on him but you knew it was only because he cared for the boy and he didn't want to see him get hurt but he did try to teach the boy all he could and you could see him doing the same with your child. You wanted this baby so badly. But then you were filled with reasons Stephen might not want to have a baby. He's the sorcerer supreme, he's away on missions a lot and you were supposed to be going on a mission in a couple weeks. The sanctum might not be the safest place for a baby, and the worst thought you could have thought was that maybe Stephen just didn't want to be a father.

You were so stressed that you didn't hear the portal at first but the sparks caught your attention from the corner of your eye. You quickly got on your feet to greet him like you would on any other day.

"Welcome home." You smiled, and wrapped your arms around his neck. Stephen smiled back and nuzzled his face into your neck and planted several kisses on your neck and jaw. Without thinking you grasped his hair between your fingers. Once his little kisses turned into full blown  open mouth kisses you pulled away not wanting things to get too heated since you had no idea if you could have sex while pregnant.

"You should probably go shower first. You're covered in dirt." You justify your actions by rubbing a speck of dirt off his gorgeous cheekbones.

"I suppose a shower would do me some good, but once I'm done I'd like to continue where we left off. If my beautiful wife would allow me?" He smirked, giving your bottom a firm squeeze.