Doctors (dr strange)

You and Stephen were working with the Avengers on a mission for a few days much to Stephen's dismay. He didn't understand why you both needed to be here. In his opinion you could be home right now where it was safe. He wasn't trying to hold you back by any means but there was just no reason for two master's of the mystic arts to be here. You had a long week and deserved some time to yourself, not to mention you had been distracted all day and he was worried what would happen when he took you out on the field. Stephen knew you just wanted some time to regain your strength and rest. You've been doing classes at Karma-Taj everyday not to mention you've been working with the students that were struggling. Between that and the endless hours you have spent studying with Stephen on your off time you have had no time to yourself and no time to relax. The last real sleep you had was almost a week ago.

Stephen was worried that you wouldn't be focused enough for this mission but since the Avengers asked you to come along with Stephen you were set that you were coming. Stephen begged you to stay home and get some sleep, he even went as far as telling you that you should watch after the sanctum hoping that if he gave you some sort of task that maybe you would listen to him and stay home but it didn't work. You insisted on coming and nothing was going to change your mind. So now here you are out on a mission with the Avengers.

You were too tired to know the reason you were fighting these people you kind of tuned out when they were debriefing you. You knew that you had to open a portal for them to get inside a building then fight with them. That's all you knew because again you weren't paying any attention when they were debriefing you. Stephen knew everything and shared what you needed to know. You didn't need all the nitty and gritty details, he knew you wouldn't retain all that information with how exhausted you were anyway. So he told you what you absolutely had to know, nothing more, nothing less.

Everything was ready, you had portaled your way inside as well as Stephen but he portaled in on the opposite side of the building so the team could come in from both sides and hopefully have the upper hand. Stephen was still worried about you, he begged you to stay behind he could see your head wasn't in the right place for this mission but your pride wouldn't let you back down. Stephen was especially worried since he had to be on the opposite side of the building for a majority of the mission.

You opened the portal and Steve, Natasha, Clint and Sam came through your portal. Which means that Tony, Rodey, Thor, Wanda and Bruce were coming through Stephen's portal. You helped with the fight, waiting for the others on the other side of the building to get to you both. You made sure to keep an eye open for them. As time went on and you didn't see them or signs of Stephen you started to get more nervous, looking around anxiously for any sign of them.

When they did appear through another portal all hell broke loose and things were going great for a while. You had glanced at Stephen to see him fighting his way to get to you. When you finally knocked out the man you were fighting you stopped for a moment to look at him. But his eyes blew out of his head. They were so wide. His lips were moving but for some reason you couldn't hear anything he said. You tried to speak, to call his name and ask him what was wrong but nothing came out. Your stomach felt warm, reaching down you felt where the warm sensation was coming from. Your hand was covered in blood and when you looked down you saw a steel pipe sticking out of your lower right side. They stabbed it through you from behind. As you fell back Stephen was there to catch you.

"S-stephen." You stuttered.

"Sh, don't talk. I'm gonna get you out of here." He looked around getting Tony and Steve's attention. "WE HAVE TO GO NOW! She needs a hospital." He yelled at them. They saw your current state and instructed the others to leave with you and Stephen through the portal he was about to open. Tony gathered everyone and Stephen portaled you all to the hospital he used to work at. Carrying you bridal style trying not to hurt you as best as he could.