↳𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲

═════════════════

═════════════════

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴀʟʟ ɪꜱ —ꜰᴇᴀʀ. ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴡɪꜱᴇ..."

― ᴊ.ᴋ. ʀᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ

═════════════════

⋆★⋆

Estella was sitting on one of the many couches in the Gryffindor common room listening to Ron and Hermione argue over a game of wizards chess. She swore those two argues like an old married couple half of the time.

She had been spending much more time with Harry and his friends recently after catching Grace in the forbidden forest that night. The two had barely said two words to each other since and to say it had caused a strain on their group was an understatement. The four were never in the same room as of lately and Colin and Jace were torn between their friends.

The two hadn't exactly had an argument of any sort, there was just an awkward air around them and both of them were too stubborn for their own good to fix it. Estella knew Grace was hiding something from her. A part of her wanted to go up to the girl and clean the slate after all she did miss her best friend. But the other part of her was angry at the girl for keeping secrets from her, they were meant to be best friends. And at that moment, the latter half of her was winning.

Harry was currently at a quidditch team meeting, the season was coming up and tryouts were nearing. The team had a meeting that night for preparation for the tryouts. Estella had been spending almost all of her free-time practicing for the try-outs (with Harry's help of course).

She let out a dry chuckle as Ron groaned in frustration as Hermione took yet another one of his chess pieces off the board. She watched for a second with an amused smile before turning back to Little Women that was in her hands.

She had borrowed the book off of Hermione, the girl was adamant that if Estella enjoyed Pride and Prejudice then she would enjoy this. Estella had to admit, the book was very good considering it wasn't her usual style.

Ron and Hermione's game soon ended with Ron ultimately winning much to Hermione's displeasure. The two took a seat opposite Estella and dropped into a casual conversation about the Hogsmede trip coming up as Estella carried on skimming the pages of her book.

It wasn't long until Harry walked through the doors of the common room, soon meeting Estella's eyes and giving her a soft smile. He walked over to the couch that Estella was spread out on, gently lifted her feet and sat down on the edge of the couch. He allowed Estella to place her feet across his legs as she put the book down.