↳ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

══════════════════

══════════════════

"ᴀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴀ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ'ꜱ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ."

- ᴍᴀʏᴀ ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴏᴜ

══════════════════

⋆★⋆

——— Estella looked up at the girl stood in front of her. The girls long, black hair was in loose, frizzy curls and shoved messily into a ponytail with various pieces hanging out. It was obvious that, like her own hair, the girl's dark hair was difficult to keep tidy and neat, as though it had a mind of its own and refused to be tamed.

She had light skin, and was quite short for what seemed an 11-year-old girl, her petite figure was dressed in light blue denim jeans and a baby pink jumper that was baggy and hung off the girl's frame. The girl stood up straight, holding herself with confidence, and displayed a soft smile on her lips.

However, her most stunning feature, Estella noticed, was her unusually bright, blueish-gray eyes. Her eyes were round and complimented her smile, while standing prominently out against her dark hair. She was, to say the least, undeniably gorgeous.

"I was wondering if I could come in your apartment, I can't find anywhere to sit" the girl said softly.

"Oh sure, yes" Estella replied, returning the smile that Gracelyn offered her.

Gracelyn stepped inside of the compartment, sliding the door closed behind her, and after putting her things on the carrier above, sat down opposite Estella.

"I'm Estella by the way, Estella Evans" she said, offering a hand out for the other girl to shake. "most of my friends call me Ella"

"People call me Grace" the other girl said, shaking Estella's extended hand.

"So, you're a first year like me I'm guessing?" Grace asked.

"Yes, I didn't even know that this world existed until my 11th birthday" she replied smiling.

"So, you're a muggle born?" The dark-haired girl asked. "Not that it matters to me" she hastily said afterwards. Catherine had mentioned back at the orphanage about the tension and conflict blood status had caused, and all about how pure-blood supremacy was once, and still to this day is, hugely believed in, and that was something which Estella found ridiculous – why judge someone because of how 'pure' they were?

"Um, I'm not entirely sure, my parents both died when I was young, and the woman at my orphanage knows very little about them. The only thing I know about them is that their last name is Evans"

"I know what you mean, my mum died when I was young too, and my dad... well let's just say he's erm away" grace explained giving Estella a sad smile. She was curious as to where her dad was, and why he was away, but Estella noticed Grace's mood change when she mentioned her father, so decided to leave it until the girl was comfortable enough to tell her on her own. "I live with my godfather now, I'm half-blood like him" she continued.