↳𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐡-𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐲

══════════════════

══════════════════

"ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ꜱʜᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ; ɪᴛ ᴡᴀᴋᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜᴘ"

- ᴠᴇʀᴏɴɪᴄᴀ ʀᴏᴛʜ, ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ

══════════════════

⋆★⋆

——— The next morning was much worse than Estella had hoped it to be. 

Now she wasn't stupid, she knew that people where bound to be talking about Harry and what had happened at the Duel Club the night prior, after all they were at school and at school, people loved to gossip. However, what she didn't expect, was that every single student at Hogwarts would be talking about it all day. 

"I don't get why people can't just mind their own business for once" Grace said sourly as they passed a couple of third year Ravenclaw's talking about the situation. "I mean, half of these rumors are just ridiculous, they do realise that Harry is literally the reason that You-Know-Who is gone right?" 

"People just love to gossip" Estella replied, grabbing Grace's arm and tugging her away from the Ravenclaw's before she caused more trouble. "Come one, we need to hurry if we want to go send these letters before our first lesson" 

Estella and grace made their way up to the owlery, as Grace wanted to send her god-father her weekly letter, and Estella thought it was about time to send Catherine a letter. She had promised that she would send weekly, however Estella being Estella, she kept forgetting to send one. 

The girls climbed the stone stairwell to the owlery, laughing as they both kept slipping on the steps, due to the ice that was covering the stone. Every time one of them would fall, they would grab the other causing them both to slip on the icy stairwell. 

They continued up the stairs, holding onto one another, and entered the large, circular room at the top of the tower. Estella pulled her cloak tighter around her, as the air seemed much cooler inside than it did out. The room had no glass in the windows so that the owls could come and go as they pleased, however that meant that there was no protection from the cold at all. Hay and straw covered the room, and there was owl dropping and skeletons of mice and voles mixed in with it. 

Estella made her way over to Deva stroking the owl on the head before giving her a couple of owl treats. 

"Hey girl" she said, "Sorry for not seeing you in a while - I forgot" 

She tied the letter to Deva's leg, before telling her to deliver the letter to Catherine. 

"Come on we're going to be late" Grace said as Estella joined her at the doorway of the owlery.