Prologue

In the cold barrel jungles, a statue laid in the middle of the forest. The sound of crickets chirping in the forests, the gentle breeze blowing in the air. It tells the origin of creatures in the hidden world, a story that begins in a dragon shaped county many years ago. I know what you're thinking. A lone rider. A dystopian world. A city that's gone to waste. How did this world get so broken? Well, that all began five hundred years ago.

Long ago, before our time when our land was whole, there was a land called Kumandra, where humans lived harmoniously alongside mystical, legendary creatures called dragons.

The Dragons brought water, rain and peace to the land to help it flourish, and the humans lived in harmony caring for one another. Life in Kumandra was paradise.

But then the Druun came, a mindless plague spreading like wildfire to consume life. Whoever they touched turned to stone. As a careless virus, the Druun cared for nothing. Their only goal was to spread and multiply, as they consumed life and turned everyone they touched into stone.

The dragons valiantly fought the Druun for us the best they could, battling to save humanity, but it wasn't enough. One by one, the great and mighty dragons were turned to stone.

When all seemed lost, Sisudatu, the last dragon, summoned every bit of her magic and power and placed it in a gem. She climbed to the highest point in Kumandra, concentrated all of her magic and brought forth a great explosion.

When the dust cleared, the Druun were gone and so was Sisudatu. The dragons and humans didn't come back to life and became a graveyard of those who died. The rest of the humans who survived the Druun attack came back and started to respect those who had turned to stone or died. All that remained and what was left of Sisudatu was the glowing blue Dragon Gem, the last remains of the Dragon Magic.

Without the dragons, peace and harmony disappeared forever. Kumandra split into five lands that fought to possess the Dragon Gem. It should have been this big inspirational moment, where humanity united over her sacrifice. But instead, people being people, they all fought to possess the last remnant of dragon magic, poisoned by rage, greed and envy. Borders were drawn, Kumandra divided. They all became enemies, and the gem had to be hidden.

The Dragon Gem now resides in a secret chamber in Heart, guarded by a warrior, the baddest blade in all the lands. But that's not how the world broke. That didn't really happen until five hundred years later when I came into the story...

No one ever got near the gem... until now.