Chapter 47

The tingles on her arm told her Roman was keeping her but she couldn't think of anything else they needed to do until the run.  "Did we forget something?"

He picked up the mic, "I know to werewolves being mated is permanent and usually done quickly upon meeting.  You mark each other, making a clear and undisputed claim on your mate.  I'm just a human, I can't mark you to let everyone know you belong to me.  However, humans have another way to do that."

He got down on one knee and took her hand as tears filled her eyes.  "I love you with every fiber of my being.  Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"  He pulled a small box from his pocket and opened it for her.  "I want the whole world to know you are mine."

Athena gazed at the sparkling ring, there was a round diamond in the center surrounded by smaller diamonds that appeared to shoot out from the middle.  Her throat was too clogged to speak so she vigorously nodded her head and held out her hand.  The ring fit her precisely as he slid it on her finger before standing to a roar of clapping.

"I had it made specially for you."  Roman had tears that threatened to fall but he kept them at bay as he kissed her finger.  "It's a star."

Her heart stopped for a second, the design now making sense to her, it represented Starlight Moon and she threw herself in his arms.  Howls and cheers erupted again and she wiped her eyes.  "I love you, it's perfect."

Roman kissed her, a passionate kiss filled with love and tenderness.  "I love you sweetheart.  Always."

Since it was so cold, the pack shifted inside before Artemis lead them outside, Roman wearing his coat and sitting on her.  Kyle was right behind them in the position of honor, with Emma riding him because she couldn't shift being this far along in her pregnancy.  They made one loop around the property before heading back inside.

"When do you want to get married?"  She asked as they cuddled after intensely making love.

"Tomorrow?"

"I hope you're not serious."

He sighed, "kinda, but I guess you need time to plan."  He caressed her back as she rested on top of him.

"Yes, I do.  How about this summer after the games?"

"No, I can't wait that long.  Besides, I can't let any of those unmated males think you're available.  Would Valentines Day work? It's almost two months."  He waited with bated breath, hoping she agrees.

"I suppose that could work.  I've got to call my family and find out if they can come, with that stupid restriction I'm not sure what's allowed."  Her spirits fell, thinking she might have to get married without her mom.

He kissed her head, "I'm sure we'll get it figured out.  Don't worry about it tonight."

She couldn't call her mother so she told Gramps first.  "Hi Gramps, Merry Christmas!"

"Athena my dear!  Merry Christmas, how are you holding up?"  He worried about her, but his hands were tied and he felt useless.

"I'm wonderful!"  She gushed, unable to contain her happiness.

That was surprising, "I'm happy to hear that.  We've been worried but there's nothing we can do."  It saddened him to think of her out there alone.

"Well don't worry about me, I'm getting married!"

"Married?  To whom?  Is someone taking advantage of you?"

"No Gramps, my mate proposed last night."

"Your mate?  I thought you rejected him."  He was confused now.

"Oh Goddess, not to him!  I have a chosen mate and he's human.  You'll love him Gramps, he's perfect for me."