5. Unintentional

Roman POV

As the first rumbles of the storm began it was me that was awake, Ry was sleeping peacefully in my arms and I was hoping it would stay that way. I had woken up becuase at some point the arm I was laying on had gone dead, but when I saw she was so far sleeping through the storm I didn't want to move, the last thing I wanted was for her to wake and to see that terrified tearful look on her face.

I start to close my eyes to try to go back to sleep but I'm stopped by a soft knock on the door. I open my eyes and check my watch.....who the hell would want either of us at 2am?
Slowly I remove my arm from around Ry and carefully get out of the bed, to my relief she doesn't wake.

I open the door to find a very worried looking Seth stood there playing with his hands.

"What trouble has Dean got himself into this time?" I ask quietly

"Oh no it's not Dean, I wanted to talk to you, I couldn't sleep" he says "I just needed to know, is Ry is some kind of serious trouble? Is she alright? I just.....I'm just worried about you getting dragged into it and getting in trouble"

"I appreciate your concern but no she's not in any trouble and she's fine, right now she is where she needs to be and I'm taking care of her" I say "I wish I could explain but I don't know the answers yet, she's not ready to tell me and even if she had told me I wouldn't tell you becuase it's for her to tell you not me"

"Wait....." he says looking round me "is that Ry in your bed? Is there something going on between you two?"

"No there isn't, at least I don't think there is" I say "she's in my room becuase she needs to be so I can look after her"

"Dean and I were talking and we like Ry, so whatever it is we're here to look after her too" he says

"Thanks man I'm sure she will appreciate that" I say tapping his shoulder "I better go before she wakes up"

Seth nods and heads back to his room as I close the door, carefully I get back into the bed sliding my arm back around her. As I do she turns to face me and gives me a sleepy smile.

"Hey who was at the door?" She asks

"It was Seth he was worried about you" I say "I'm sorry babygirl I didn't mean to wake you, go back to sleep"

"It's sweet of him to be concerned" she says "and it's ok, it's when it's really loud that I get scared"

Ryleigh POV

As I lay here looking at Roman my mind is swimming with all sorts of thoughts, the main one being that as much as I know him I don't know much about him, yet here I am sharing his bed and sleeping in his arms.

"Tell me about yourself Ro" I say "I want to know more about you"

"What do you want to know sweetheart?" He smiles

"Let's start simple, favourite ice cream flavour" I say and he chuckles

"Chocolate Peanut butter cup" he smiles "what about you?"

"Salted caramel cookie dough" I say "have you always wrestled?"

"I played football for a while but I think this is what I was meant to do" he says "what's you're favourite colour?"

"Easy, blue" I say "do you have a girlfriend?" I ask nervously

"No I'm completely single" he says "do you have some one?"

"No....no I don't" I say looking down at my hands "not all men can handle my......issue.....like you can"

Looking in Roman's eyes I could see that he really wanted to ask about what had happened but I just wasn't ready to go there yet. I trusted him just not quite enough to share this with him.

"Erm what's your favourite flower?" He asks changing the subject

"Freesias" I smile, Roman reaches out and touches the pendant hanging around my neck and I bite my lip

"Can I ask about this?" He asks and I nod

"It's a St Christopher, the patron Saint of travel" I say playing with it "it was the last gift he got me"

"By he you mean Jacob right?" He asks and I nod as a tear falls down my cheek "aww I'm sorry babygirl I didn't mean to make you cry" he says pulling me into his arms

"You didn't I just.....I miss him alot" I say resting my head against him "thank you again for everything you are doing for me, I do appreciate it even if I don't show it"

"No need to thank me" he say "come on let's get some sleep, that storm is getting louder"

I look up at Roman as he checks his watch, I stretch up with the intention of kissing his cheek just like before but just as I do he turns his head and I unintentionally find my lips on his.

Mortified I move my head back quickly, unsure of where to look I look down at my hands hoping he won't say anything. Placing a finger gently under my chin he lifts my face so my eyes meet his, slowly he runs his thumb over my lips before cupping my cheek.

He moves his face a little closer to mine but hesitates, he tucks my hair behind my ear and cups my cheek. I respond by moving a little closer to him. Hesitantly he closes the gap and our lips finally meet once more in a soft, very slow kiss

Just like that the storm disappears, I can no longer hear anything. The only things I feel are the racing of my heart and a funny feeling in my stomach. His arms snake around me and he pulls me closer to him. Whatever was going on outside was nothing compared to the storm this man was causing inside me.