26. Vacation

Roman POV

Waking up I stretch and reach out my arm only to find an empty space and cold sheets. So far this vacation had been nothing short of perfect, we had reconnected and rediscovered the love we have for each other.
Ry had been so different since we got here, she was relaxed, constantly smiling and not a hint of stress. There were many reasons for the change in her but one big one that I just couldn't bring myself to discuss with her for fear of upsetting her.

Ever since she had found out she was pregnant she had been different, like the weight of the world had lifted off her shoulders, for the first time in a long time her body was unbruised and unblemished since she could no longer push herself in the gym the way she used and I hadn't once heard her say she missed wrestling.

I was well aware that the main reason for her choosing this path was Jacob and her wanting to do this for him, to fulfil his expectations of her but I had found myself wondering, what was she doing for herself, was any part of this for her? While I was glad that she had chosen this path becuase it had brought her into my life, I also wanted her to be happy, to be doing what makes her happy.

I walk over to the french doors and look out towards the beach, I see Ry standing with her feet in the sea looking down at her bump, her hands gently running over it and the whole scene framed by a beautiful sun rise. I take out my phone and take a quick picture of her wanting to remember this moment.
Right now she was at her most beautiful, make up free, her hair loose, wavy, natural and seemingly completely comfortable with herself.

I walk up to her wrapping my arms around her from behind and resting my chin on her shoulder.

"Good morning babygirl" I say softly kissing her cheek "you looked breathtaking just now"

"Good morning Ro" she smiles "really? I haven't done anything special" she says

"Exactly and that's when you are at your most beautiful, look" I say showing her the picture I took "I love you"

"I love you too" she says leaning back agaisnt me "I wish we could stay here forever, I don't want to go back"

"And why is that? Talk to me babygirl" I say

"I love it being just us, no Sasha, no work, no stress, just you and me" she sighs "I feel so much happier like this"

"I've noticed that" I say taking a deep breath "have you thought about what you want to do once the baby arrives? Do you want to go back to work?"

"I guess I will" she shrugs "I have a lot left to achieve"

"For you or for Jacob?" I ask and she turns to look at me a look of confusion on her face "now don't get upset but it seems to me you chose this path for him, to fulfil what he wanted for you. But is it what you want? Does it make you happy?"

"It used to be, it used to make me happy" she says looking down at her hands "that was before........but then it became more about not letting Jacob down, about doing this for him, but when I fractured my ankle I was relieved, and then when I found out I was pregnant I was glad I had a reason to stay away longer. I've known for a long time that this wasn't what I wanted anymore but I just couldn't bear the thought of letting Jacob down"

"What does make you happy?" I ask and she smiles as she takes my hand and places it on her bump

"This.....you.......us.......that's what makes me happy" she says "all I really want is a life with you and our baby, I just want to be a mother and a wife, I don't miss wrestling at all, but everytime I think about quitting I feel guilty"

"Jacob saw potential in you and he knew you could go far. But as much as he wanted to see you succeed, I'm sure that ultimately he just wanted you to be happy" I say "I will support whatever choice you make, as long as you're happy that's all that matters to me"

"Are you happy Ro?" She asks looking up at me

"Very" I smile "I'm working my dream job, I'm marrying the love of my life and we're having a baby, never in my life have I felt as blessed as I do right now. You've made my life perfect babygirl. In fact I have an idea I'd like to run by you"

"Oh and what would that be?" She asks reaching up and wrapping her arms around my neck

"What do you think about getting married on a beach at sunset?" I ask "just us, simple, intimate and romantic"

"I think that sounds perfect" she smiles "name the date and I'll be there"

"Tomorrow night" I say and her eyes widen "I don't want to wait any longer for you to be my wife, what do you say babygirl? Will you marry me here, tomorrow night?" I ask and she gives me the biggest most beautiful smile

"Yes" she smiles excitedly "I would love nothing more, as long as your sure about this"

"Im sure babygirl" I smile "I want to take you home as Mrs Reigns"