Chapter Eight

Justin's POV:

Pulling into the parking lot at the blue roof, I got out and went inside. Walking up the stairs to the roof I wondered what was going on. Demi sounded so worried. Opening the door I stepped out. I saw Demi sitting on the ground with her back against the wall.

"Hey Justin, you got here fast." She said as I sat down next to her.

"Yeah. You sounded a little off. Is everything okay?" I asked looking over at her.

"Well, I guess. I'm worried about Selena. She sent me a card for my birthday. No return address. She said she was fine but I don't know. It just seemed a little off, you know? Like where is she? The other day someone called me and when I picked up the person hung up. I know someone was there. I heard them breathing. I just want to know where she is - I miss her- I miss being able to talk to her whenever I need to." She breathed. I could see the tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I feel like this is all my fault. I drove her away." I sighed putting my head in my hands.

"It's not your fault. Ever since her aunt died she has been on edge. I knew she was going to break. She's the type of person that gives help but doesn't like to receive help. It's not your fault."

"She talked about leaving and getting away. I just ignored her." I pressed.

"She had been talking about that for a long time. She just finally decided to do it." Demi trailed.

"I wish I could just talk to her. Hear her voice. I miss it. I miss her. Everything has been crazy since she left. Music isn't even keeping me sane anymore. I don't know what to do." I admitted.

"Music isn't helping? I'm surprised it's always been you're outing." She looked concerned.

"Yeah. Until now. I'm 20 now. There is nothing left for me to write about. I just don't want to do it anymore. I see what she was talking about. I guess everyone has there timing. And when it's up, it's up." I said. It was the truth. I was tired of the same old, same old. My phone started ringing distracting me.

"I should answer this real fast. It's Scooter." Demi nodded. I answered the phone.

"Aye," I said into the phone.

"Hey, I just wanted to remind you that you have that charity concert we planned a while back, its in 3 days. I forgot to call you yesterday. I tried to get you out of it, but I can't. You think you can do it?" He asked sounding concerned.

"Uh, I guess. I think this will be my last show, forever." I spoke clearly. When I said it, I knew it was the truth.

"I respect that man. Ill see you Saturday at 9am for a run through?" He asked.

"Yeah. Sounds good." I said hanging up the phone.

"Looks like this Saturday will be my last show." I sighed.

"Are you sure? Are you really sure you want to do that?" She asked looking at me, her eyes were full of sorrow.

"I've been thinking about it for a long time. It's what I want to do." I assured her.

"Wow, well, Taylor and I will both be there. She's in town for the weekend." She smiled softly.

"That will be nice. I better go. Ill see you on Saturday." I said standing up.

"Okay. See you then, and thanks for talking with me. I needed it." She smiled standing to her feet as well.

"No problem Demi. Thanks for talking with me." I smiled, before hugging her tightly.

We said our goodbyes and then went our separate ways. I needed to do this last show on Saturday and then find Selena. I had too.

Originally Written: Early 2013
Revised: Late 2015