Chapter Twenty-Three

Selena's p.o.v.

I was hurt too many times by Justin, and right now I was not going to let him back in my life. I wasn't ready.

What I told Josh was the truth. I do still love Justin, he owns my heart. He's my soul mate. There's no doubt about that. I just, don't trust him not right now.

After getting out of bed. I got dressed and went to the library. I needed some knew books to read.

-------

I pulled into the parking lot at the library and I went inside. Strangely, the door was unlocked. Mandy must be here. I walked upstairs and noticed Mandy walking out of the office.

"Hi Mia. How are you?" She asked walking over to me. "Let's go talk in my office? I'll make some coffee." She smiled.

"That sounds good, and I'm good. How are you?" I asked walking into her office. I sat on the couch next to her.

"Good, thanks. I wanted to thank you for all that you have done here. The place looks amazing." She beamed.

"Aw. Thank you. I love this place. Books, and reading are a few of my favorite things! I've actually thought of writing a book." I replied. She smiled brightly at me and nodded her head.

"So I don't really know you. I'd like to change that! You seem so sweet."

"I'd like to get to know you too." I smiled. Mandy seemed so nice. I could always use someone to talk too.

"Well, tell me some stuff about you! Where are you from?" She boasted.

"I'm from California. I moved here to get away, actually." I sighed. "Where are you from?" I asked. Trying not to talk about myself.

"I'm from Virginia. I grew up there. I moved here for my husbands job, he was stationed here, before going over seas. He actually grew up here with his mom and dad. They both died before we got married and the library runs in his family."

"Does your family visit you?" I asked.

"No. They disowned me after I married Lucas. They are not in my life anymore." She looked down at her hands.

"I'm so sorry." I said softly.

"It's okay! I have my girls. I love them, they are my family." She smiled. "What about your family?"

"My family? Uh, well they died when I was younger. My aunt became my guardian. She was the only family I had left. She raised me as her own. But, she died about a year ago. Now it's just me." I said.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have a special person in your life?" She asked, taking a sip of her coffee.

She seemed really nice and I felt like I could trust her. After everything could I really open up to her? Opening up was hard. She did trust me enough to open up to me, so why not?

"I uhh, well the truth is my name isn't Mia, it's Selena." I smiled.

Originally Written: Early 2013
Revised: Late 2015