Chapter Twenty

Selena's p.o.v.

After I pulled into the parking lot and got out, I saw Josh waiting.

"Selena!" Josh waved while leaning against the fence, he ran over to me.

"Hey Josh!" I said, giving him a hug.

"So where do you wanna go? How about lunch?" He asked smiling away.

"Um, sure, I can follow you in my car." I offered.

"Sounds good." He replied. I got in my car and followed closely behind him. After about five minutes we arrived at a nice diner. We sat down at a booth inside, by the window and ordered our food.

"So, are you enjoying your vacation?" I asked, trying to start some small talk.

"Actually, I am. I leave in less then a week. I have to start filming a new movie." He said looking down.

"Wow, that's awesome!." I said trying to cheer him up. He seemed a little upset and I didn't really understand why.

"What about you? How's Capetown treating you?" He asked looking back at me.

"Uh, okay, I guess. I help out at the library right down the road. It's really just something to do. I also run a lot. I've been thinking about getting a dog actually." I laughed lowly as I tried to make it seem that my life wasn't that boring.

"That's nice." He smiled.

"I heard that Justin left California. He left singing and everything. Did you know that?" He asked. I hated the fact that he brought Justin up. No matter where I went, or what I did, someone brought him up.

"Yeah, I did. I saw everything on the news." I admitted.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked looking at me.

"Sure," I smiled.

"Are you still in love with him?" He asked. I could tell by the look on his face he already knew the answer, but waited for me to answer anyways.

Justin's p.o.v.

After a long night of no sleep, I gave up. I checked my phone. My mom still hadn't called me back. I got up and grabbed my keys to leave.

I decided to stop at a local store. I got some vodka. It was the only thing that could put my mind to rest. I bought 2 bottles and some food for my house.

After I got home and put my food away I grabbed the bottle of vodka and started drinking. It was the only thing that could take the pain away. After a while of drinking my phone went off.

"Hello," I said answering my phone. I tried to contain myself as I waited for a response.

Originally Written: Early 2013
Revised: Late 2015