Chapter Twenty-Eight

Selena's p.o.v.

I walked into the hospital and ran over to Pattie before hugging her tightly. She had been crying. Everything in me broke when I heard her sobbing in my arms. Jeremy was crying as well. Jeremy walked over and hugged us both.

I let both of them go before I walked towards Justin. His body was lying limp. I collapsed to the floor.

The thought of losing him or him not waking up broke me. Kenny walked over to me and picked me up. He sat my limp body down next to him on the couch and I cried into his arms. Everything going on was uncontrollable.

The doctors came in a little latter. Pattie and Jeremy stood scared with tears falling from there face. Jeremy was holding onto Pattie. The doctors told them the news and left. That image would forever be imprinted in my mind.

After a while Jeremy walked over to Kenny and I.

"They said he will wake up but he might not remember. They want to transfer him to Canada so he can be around his family and so he can see where he grew up. They don't want to scare him. They only want us to be there when he wakes up." He said holding the tears back.

"So we shouldn't be here?" I asked looking at Justin's sad body.

"They want to take it slow. They don't know what he will and won't remember." He explained.

"I should go. I don't want him to be scared. Please let me know how he does." I said standing up.

I walked towards his bed and grabbed his cold stiff hand. I placed a kiss on top of his hand. I hugged Pattie and Jeremy goodbye and walked out. Kenny followed me.

I honestly didn't know what to say. What could I say? He needed space. He needed to be around his family and re-gain his memory.

I needed to get out of Capetown. I didn't want to be here anymore. Where would I go? What would I do?

Originally Written: Early 2013
Revised: Late 2015