Chapter Six

Justin's POV:

I was now back in California after a nice trip to Canada. Canada was great. I saw my family and some old  friends which was nice considering how I haven't seen them in a long time. It was weird to see how things had changed.

I knew something had to change with me. I had to stop this, I had to stop whatever this is. I need to pull it together somehow. My family is worried about me. It's not like I can help how I'm feeling. I hated feeling like this. Feeling like something was missing and feeling empty. Honestly, I just want this to go away. I'm tired of it all.

Sitting down on the couch my phone started ringing. It was Scooter.

"Aye," I said answering the phone.

"Justin, you're back in California?" Scooter asked.

"Yeah, just got back. Why?" I asked wondering what this call was about.

"Well if you wanted to have some time in the studio it's available and DJ James is available." Scooter said sounding excited. I had no desire to go to the studio.

"I'm not in the mood. For the first time I actually don't wanna write or record." I admitted to him and myself.

"Is everything okay? How was Canada?" He asked concrned.

"Canada was great. Saw my family and friends. I just don't know about the music anymore." I sighed.

"Wow," he said in disbelief. "Do you want me to come over?" He asked. I knew he was worried about me.

"Nah, I just want to be alone. I need to figure things out and decided what I want to do alone." I sighed.

"Alright man. Call me when you figure things out. Ill help you. Weather you want to continue with music or not I'm always here for you." He said honestly.

"Yeah I will. Thanks for understanding."

"No problem. I'm here for you man."

"Hey, was there...uh, any word on Selena?" I asked. I thought maybe he might have heard something.

"Nope. Nobody knows anything. She didn't tell anyone. I personally went to talk to Taylor and Demi. They don't know where she is." He breathed. "I'm sorry Justin." He spoke softly.

"Yeah. I figured that she wouldn't tell anyone. This is all my fault." I said feeling the anger towards myself grow.

"No, it's not your fault. She needs this. I talked with her manager. She said; she had been struggling with a lot, even before you broke up with her." He pressed, trying to make me feel better.

"Yeah, well that shows what a great boyfriend I was. I should have been there for her. I should have listened when she said she couldn't handle this anymore." I was so upset with myself.

"Don't blame yourself. It will be okay."

"I need her." I said hanging up the phone.

I couldn't take sitting around talking about it anymore. The fact that writing, or music in general, isn't working anymore was making things harder. I can't think straight. I don't know what to say. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this.

Originally Written: Early 2013
Revised: Late 2015