Chapter One

"Is it over?" Shikamaru's voice carried over the silent battlefield.

The bloody, broken and burned remains of every ninja who fought bravely in the 4th Shinobi War lay in the massive area that extended as far as the eye could see and further.

Shikamaru Nara, chief strategist for the Allied Shinobi Forces, personal advisor to the Rokudaime Hokage and Commander of the ANBU were on his back staring up at the dark blood red sky above.
The clouds he had loved to look at had virtually disappeared from the world and darkness had taken hold. He was sporting a long gash starting at his right shoulder and making its way diagonally down to his left hip was staining his ripped and dirty green flak jacket and he could feel the last of his charka trying to hold on. He was dying and he knew it.

"It's finally over." Narumi answered, she was the only person left to answer Shikamaru's question.

The Rokudaime Hokage, leader of the Allied Shinobi Forces, Seal Master and Toad Sage and Jinchūriki of the Nine Tailed Fox was laying next to her best friend, her brother.
Her whole body was covered in blood and Narumi couldn't tell where the pain was coming from as all her nerves were cut off. Her charka was just almost bad off as Shikamaru's was. She was dying and she knew it.

"It's been an honour Shika." Narumi rasped out, turning her head to the side with the last of her strength to look at the Nara.

"Likewise Hokage-Sama... No matter how troublesome it was." Shikamaru turned his head to face his Hokage with a small smile on his lips.

"Nar...I always knew you would be Hokage, even back in the academy." He admitted.

"Shikamaru... Thank you." Narumi whispered and tried not to tear up as she spotted a single tear make it's way down the Nara's pale cheek cutting through the blood and grime.

"Like hell I'm going to let you die. This war wasn't meant to end like this." Kurama growled from inside his and Narumi's shared mind space.

"If you want to leave, I can use the last of my energy to break the seal... You will be free..." Narumi said back. Even her mental voice sounded drained.

"There is nothing left out there and I refuse to let you two die. As much as I loathe admitting it, you made life interesting. You and your friend may be ready to die, but I'm sure as hell not. Tell Shikamaru to hang on, we are going to stop all of this from ever happening." Kurama huffed, gathering his and his siblings remaining charka.

"Shika... The fur ball says he can stop this from happening. All of it..." Narumi croaked.

"...We have nothing else to lose, Kaguya and Zetsu took everything from us...I'll follow your lead like always Hokage-Sama." Shikamaru said with a hint of steel he used when ordering his ANBU around still heard in his hoarse voice.

"Do it." Narumi told Kurama.

Rainbow charka borrowed from the Tailed Beasts leaked from Narumi's stomach, reaching out and wrapping itself around the Uzumaki-Namikaze and the last Nara. The charka flared up and a large crack echoed across the mass grave for the fallen as the two dying bodies of the leaf ninja faded out of this plane. Slowly the battlefield started to fade away, the jutsu working and the timeline was being destroyed hopefully to never return.

~~/~~

Fluffy white clouds softly floated across the bright blue sky as a slight breeze carried them. Leaves rustled across the hill overlooking Konoha in the Land of Fire, the wind gently caressing the two 12-year-olds who lay on the grassy hill sleeping deeply. Out of nowhere rainbow charka engulfed their bodies and slight changes were made to the Genin.