Chapter Twenty Three

Narumi groaned as something attacked her hand, it felt like million of little wings beating against her skin in an irritating way. She cracked her blue eyes open, seeing her Tou-San asleep, head resting on his crossed arms on the edge of the cot Narumi had been placed on. Narumi couldn't resist a beaming smile that appeared on her lips before she turned her attention to the irritating feeling on her right hand. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw a swarm of Shino's Kidaichūforming a message across the width of her upturned palm. Narumi read the message and her face turned stormy and dark, she gave a sharp nod and the Kidaichūdispersed. Narumi glanced over to where she felt Shikamaru's Charka coming from and saw the Nara watching the Uzumaki-Namikaze carefully with his sharp brown eyes. Shikamaru too had seen the message and Kushina was fast asleep between their beds.

"Scenario 20." Narumi used ANBU hand language to get the situation across to the raven.

"What's scenario 20?" Minato's voice drifted across the room, Narumi's head snapped to the side to look at her Tou-San who was stretching out his back, rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"I guess I forgot as Hokage you had to learn ANBU sign language." Narumi rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly as Shikamaru slapped his hand against his face groaning at the stupidity of his sister.

"The better question is how did you two learn it?" Minato eyed the 13-year-olds warily.

"What's going on?" Kushina asked drowsily as she was roused by the voices around her.

"Something is wrong." Minato stated simply seeing the dark looks on his daughter's and Shikamaru's faces.

"We'll explain when we get the others together." Narumi swung her legs over the side of the bed, Shikamaru copying the actions and together the four headed towards the main room where the rest were awake and waiting.

"What's wrong?" Tobirama asked seeing the dark looks on the Chunin's faces.

"We just got a message sent by Shino Aburame's Kidaichū. It seems Danzo and his ROOT ninja have taken control of the village, capturing all Shinobi and locking the citizens away in their homes. Shino sent a message for us, telling us Danzo has sent out ROOT ninja's to find and capture us." Narumi explained eyeing Shikamaru who was checking his supplies and making sure his Katana was securely attached to his back.

"Danzo." Itachi hissed under his breath while Minato's face turned dark as his daughter's.

"Shikamaru, go in and do recon." Narumi nodded at the Nara who bowed back in respect before he stepped back into a shadow that was being casted by a stream of sunlight filtering in through a nearby window. Shikamaru breathed out calmly before he sunk into the shadows.

"What was that?" Yahiko asked in awe.

"Shikamaru is from the Nara clan, a clan of shadow user's, he just took the standard Shunshin and bent it to work with his clan's style." Narumi said absently as she rummaged around in her pouch and with a small 'aha', brought out a scroll. She unrolled the blank scroll and quickly and easily created a detailed map of Konoha and the outlying area's around it.

"We have the main point of entry that Danzo is sure to guard here." Narumi circled the front gate.

"However even Danzo is not stupid enough to trespass on the forest belonging to the Nara clan here." Narumi outlined the area that held the Nara's forest.

"As long as Shikamaru is with us then we can use it freely. I also discovered a different passage way to enter and leave the village in the land behind the Senju estate here." Narumi painted a circle a bit away from the Senju estate.

"How did you know about that passage?" Tobirama asked showing his surprise.

"When Tsunade Baa-Chan became Godaime, she unsealed the Senju estate then dragged Jiraiya, Kakashi and myself to live there with her, she was adamant after she saw my crappy apartment and the state of Kakashi's place." Narumi chuckled fondly at the memory of Tsunade dragging Jiraiya and Kakashi by their ears to the estate telling them that they are living there now.