Chapter Fifteen

"So I've been wrangled into training with team 8 today while you are off bringing Lady Tsunade back." Shikamaru grumbled as he ran his fingers through a difficult knot in his black hair as he watched Narumi pack for the trip to the nearby town.

"Have fun with that, what was Akira's excuse for not being there?" Narumi asked amused as she double-checked she had everything as she knew she was going to run in with Itachi Uchiha and Kisame Hoshigaki and would have to hold her own before Jiraiya showed up and she would have to protect Sasuke if he still showed up.

"She's helping out by covering Iruka-Sensei in the Mission Room, apparently Iruka-Sensei is unable to come into work today and Kakashi already called off team 7's training due to you being gone. I think we both know why Iruka-Sensei isn't going into work today." Shikamaru finished with a knowing smirk while Narumi laughed.

"Glad she's just a Bunshin, but still, I have to deal with those memories later. Ugh, Mission Room duty is the worst" Narumi complained as she tied her Hitai-ate around her forehead and looked at her new clothing that Jiraiya had sent for her late last night.

Narumi had literally burned her old clothes in a ball of fire and did a little dance around the small bonfire, dragging Shikamaru along for the  and it amused Chiyo-Hime and Yoshino to no end.

Narumi decided she would wait till she was 16 to get her normal outfit, in the meantime she was glad to be wearing a present from her godfather and no money came from her precious wallet. Narumi was wearing standard black shinobi pants and sandals, dull orange bandages were seen between the top of her sandals and the cuffs of her pants, her holster still on her usual leg and the bandages were still white. More orange bandages were wrapped around her wrists; she had a black short-sleeved shirt underneath an orange sleeveless hooded jacket. Her Hitai-ate was sown onto black fabric and the ties were long just like they were in their future.

"Finally, your old clothes are gone." Shikamaru smirked as he pulled his now knot free hair up into his usual ponytail.

"I know right! I really like the bandages, I accidently put some charka into them and they stabilized it so check this out" Narumi bounced on her heels excitedly as she threw her right arm up and Shikamaru watched with raised eyebrows as red-orange charka chains flew out, the Kunai end hitting the potted plant in the corner of the room. It then flew back up and wrapped around the bandages on Narumi's wrist before disappearing all together. "Your Uzumaki charka chains! You got them back, that's awesome and rather useful." Shikamaru said in a low voice. "Do you think Jiraiya knows about the bandages and the chains?"

"I think he may be leading up to it, I honestly have no idea what is going to happen on this trip to get Tsunade. I made sure to send a Bunshin away from the village flaring it's charka so Itachi and Kisame will not come to the village to find me so they will not hurt Kakashi or anyone else. Also Sasuke may not come after us again as Itachi was never in the village to start with." Narumi ranted quietly while grabbing her backpack.

"Do you want me to back you up?" Shikamaru questioned, worry in his voice.

"No, I'll be fine. I can handle Itachi and Kisame, even more so now." Narumi placed her hands on Shikamaru's shoulders looking at her best friend dead in the eyes. "You know I can handle myself and now that I have my chains back I can definitely deal with them now." Narumi gave a foxy smile and Shikamaru nodded slowly.

"If anything goes wrong, I don't give a hell about our covers and secrets. Grab Jiraiya and Hiraishin out of there and back to our safe point." Shikamaru ordered sternly.

"Hai Commander-Sama." Narumi said cheekily before she ducked out of the way of Shikamaru's oncoming fist. "Well I'm off! I'll be back with Ero-Sennin and Baa-Chan soon!"