Chapter Twenty Five --- Final

"Kakashi dear, go wake up your imoto." Kushina called sweetly to the Jounin who was sitting with the Iruka and the other Jounin's introducing Obito to them once again.

Kakashi just stood up, brushing his pants off, as he knew better than to disobey Kushina when she used that sweet tone of voice even after all this time.

"If it's any thing like the last time we had to wake them I'll come too." Asuma spoke up, following Kakashi up the stairs passing Sasuke and Itachi who were sitting by Tsunade as the Godaime took a look at the older Uchiha's eyes as he had an illness thanks to overuse of his Sharingan.

The two Jounin's entered Narumi's room to see both time travellers fast asleep curled towards each other, peaceful looks on their faces like all the weight of the world had finally lifted off their shoulders and in a way it had been.

"I don't want to wake them, but they need to eat." Asuma muttered to Kakashi who nodded his agreement.

Kakashi and Asuma went to their student's sides and gently woke the two up, wary of their battle reflexes that they now knew the two possessed.

"Uh, wha?" Narumi asked groggily as she rubbed her eyes as she sat up, the shoulder of her green shirt slipping down her arm overall looking adorable and very young.

"It's time to eat Naru-Chan." Kakashi gave an eye smile.

"Mkay Kashi-Nii-San." Narumi suddenly was a blur as she jumped onto Kakashi's back, making her sensei give her a piggyback.

"Onwards Nii-San!" Narumi said cheerfully.

"Once you mention food it's all over." Shikamaru said knowingly.

"You don't need a piggyback ride do you?" Asuma raised an eyebrow.

"Nah I could use a cigarette though." Shikamaru said honestly as he slid out of the bed.

"What?" Asuma asked in shock. "I thought you hated smoking?"

"The smoke always gets in my eyes and Kurenai always gets on my case whenever she catches me." Shikamaru grumbled as he stumbled out of the room, his sensei by his side.

"As she should, it's a horrible habit more so for someone so young." Asuma lectured.

"I understand why you smoke now." Shikamaru glanced at his sensei with a sad smile and it struck Asuma how old Shikamaru's eyes looked.

"Promise me you won't take it up this time." Asuma stopped Shikamaru before they went down the stairs.

"I don't have a reason to this time." Shikamaru promised. "Just don't die on me."

Shikamaru brushed past Asuma and headed down the stairs leaving his sensei stunned. He was the reason why Shikamaru had started to smoke; it must have hit him extremely hard. He shook his head and mentally promised Shikamaru that he wouldn't die anytime soon.

"Ooo I have missed this." Narumi inhaled her plate of food that Yoshino had made for the large group with the help of Kushina, Mito, Choji, Choza, Minato, Hinata and Konan (who asked to be taught) who in turn had dragged Nagato and Yahiko with her.

"How are your training with Baa-Chan and Jiji going?" Narumi asked Sakura and Sasuke between bites of food.

"I'm really improving in my Taijutsu and Charka control, I can make a crack in the ground when I punch now!" Sakura told Naruto excitedly.

"You'll have to fight me if you want to know how my training is going dobe." Sasuke smirked, less arrogant as he had been.

"I'll take it easy on you teme." Narumi smirked back, the air of rivalry appearing between the two this time however it more friendly than before.