Chapter Twenty

Narumi was sitting cross-legged in the shade of a large tree, focusing on the energy around her, doing her best to pinpoint the location of Nagato, Konan and the Path of Pain version of Yahiko.

Shikamaru was perched on a tree branch high above Narumi keeping watch on the area. His eyes were directed upwards when he felt a spike of familiar charka and the following stream of sand that was headed towards him. Shikamaru smirked and held his hand up, letting the sand swirl around his wrist and forearm, letting two things settle in his open palm. The sand attached to Shikamaru's skin while the Chunin looked at the two scrolls in his hand. One of the scrolls had the name 'Sasori' and the other one had 'Deidara'. Shikamaru felt his lips turn up into a grin as things were moving along nicely.

"Tell Gaara, thanks and to await for our call for the final battle. Until then stay safe and hidden." Shikamaru told the sand that shifted before it slid off his skin and flew in the direction it came.

"Got them, huh. Same place as last time…" Narumi called from her spot as she came out of her trance making Shikamaru drop down next to the blonde.

"That makes things easier, oh and Gaara dropped off a present for us." Shikamaru showed Narumi the two scrolls that had the sealed bodies of Sasori and Deidara in them.

"Only a few more." Narumi murmured as Shikamaru put the scroll next to the one containing Hidan.

"How are you going to get Nagato to listen to you this time around?" Shikamaru asked as the two leapt tree to tree towards the location Narumi discovered.

"Same as last time, he'll listen to me. He's an Uzumaki, all he wants is peace and he believes in Ero-Sennin's ideal of peace." Narumi said. "Do you want me to come in with you?" Shikamaru asked quietly as the two looked at the tree that was housing their targets, masterfully created by Konan.

"…Yeah, I think it's a good idea." Narumi said after a moment of thought.

"I'll let you do most of the talking though." Shikamaru smirked and Narumi rolled her eyes.

"Let's do this." Narumi said seriously and stepped forward and passed through the barrier easily, followed by Shikamaru both of them holding their hands up in the worldwide gesture of surrender.

"Who are you? How did you find us?" A female voice called out as paper swirled to show Konan, her usual paper flower in her hair.

"We are not here to fight. We just want to talk, I'm Narumi Uzumaki and this is Shikamaru Nara. We mean you and Nagato no harm, we just wish to talk." Narumi said soothingly and Pain appeared in front of the duo looking at the two of them intently.

"What do you wish to talk about Leaf Shinobi?" Yahiko spoke, eyes narrowing.

"It's just a bit unnerving to be talking to Yahiko's body, can the real you come out to talk Nagato?" Narumi rubbed her head awkwardly. Konan blinked in surprise, Pain inspected the duo once more before he swiftly moved to the side and a swirl of paper exposed Nagato to the two, his red hair limp and covering half his face, his visible eye staring them down with curiosity.

"Nice to see you cousin." Narumi smiled cheerfully at Nagato.

"Who are you Narumi Uzumaki?" Nagato rasped out.

"Good question." Narumi muttered to herself and Shikamaru who just nudged the blonde and raised his eyebrows.

"We both truly want the same thing. We both want this cycle of hatred to end and for the world to be at peace." Narumi said her feelings on the matter seeping into her tone of voice.

"The Ninja world is ruled by hatred! There is no such thing as real peace! It's impossible as long as we're living in this accursed world!" Nagato shouted at the blonde, his form trembling.