chapter Seventeen

"I'll be damned this mansion is rather impressive, but you are still spending some nights at my place." Shikamaru gave Narumi a stare as the two sat on the floor inside the Uzumaki library vault, scrolls and notebooks spread out around the two. Narumi jerked her head quickly in agreement, not ready to give up the home cooking and the safe haven the two had built at the Nara compound.

"This is amazing, oh look at this one it's a Kinjutsu by any other standards" Narumi showed the scroll she was reading to Shikamaru.

"You're going to learn it aren't you?" Shikamaru scanned the words quickly and smiled at what it did.

"Of course, it will be so useful" Narumi set it off to the side where a few other scrolls of jutsu's she wanted to learn where located. "If we use all of these, the war will be fought and won before word even gets back to Konoha that there was a problem at all!"

"Yeah we will only be grounded for the rest of our lives if we succeed." Shikamaru sighed as he jotted down needed information from a scroll on the Kuchiyose: Edo Tensei [Summoning Jutsu: Reanimation] and the scroll Narumi had compiled on Nagato's Edo Rinne Tensei no Jutsu.

"The world would be safe, so I think it would be worth it… I hope at least, Yoshino-Chan's 'bed rest' is terrifying. I don't even want to know what Baa-Chan and Ero-Sennin will do to me when they find out." Narumi shuddered, imagining what would happen when this was all said and done.

"Don't remind me." Shikamaru shuddered as well before he unrolled the scroll completely and stared at one line, he read it numerous times before he started to laugh. "Are you okay?" Narumi looked up, wary at the sudden laughter coming from the Nara.

"I know how to get them back to life without having to deal with the Shinigami!" Shikamaru stated and Narumi got the biggest grin on her face at the news.

"How?"

"If we combine the Edo Tensei and the Edo Rinne Tensei their bodies will be like they were when they were brought back using the Edo Tensei, but their souls will be brought back for good with the Edo Rinne Tensei. Once the war is done we can use that jutsu you found a while ago to make their bodies permanent." Shikamaru finished explaining before he grunted when Narumi flew across the floor to hug him.

The two ended up in a pile on the floor with Shikamaru trapped under the blonde who was grinning ear-to-ear and rambling out her thanks to the Nara.

"Ahem, are we interrupting something?" Tsunade coughed from the entrance where Jiraiya was standing beside her, his notebook out and pen moving quickly muttering something about 'Yaoi' and 'a whole new audience'.

"Not at all Baa-Chan!" Narumi beamed as she positioned herself so she was sitting on Shikamaru's stomach while the Nara was forced to stay splayed out on his back giving Narumi an unimpressed look. "What do you need?" "Well you two have been down here all day, we thought you would like to come up for dinner?" Jiraiya said after getting whacked over the head by Tsunade.

"All day?" Naruto blinked owlishly up at them.

"Yes brat, all day. Now get off the other brat and come upstairs for dinner." Tsunade rolled her eyes before spinning on her heel and striding out of the library with Jiraiya being dragged along by his ear.

"Are you going to get off of me you troublesome blonde?" Shikamaru asked and Narumi pretended to be thinking about it intensely.

"I am hungry…" Narumi trailed off before she rolled off Shikamaru's stomach, but before Shikamaru could even heave a sigh of relief the blonde grabbed the black haired Genin around his waist and hoisted him up over her shoulder before she raced up the staircase towards the dinning room where Tsunade, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Shizune and Tonton where waiting. Narumi dropped Shikamaru down onto a chair and slid into the one next to him; a foxy smile on her lips while Shikamaru breathed heavily shooting glares at the blonde.