Chapter 6 - A "Preposition"

[PoV - 3rd/Grian]

"A preposition!?" Grian spat. The mojang leader merely looked amused.

"Hmm... perhaps preposition was a little generous." The man laughed. It was cold and cruel. "You will all take part in a little experiment of ours... don't worry, there will be benefits to you. The winner will walk away with a life-time fortune, food for years... a dream mansion in Hypixel." The man added quickly.

"What's the catch?" Grian demanded.

"All of you will die. Except one. But it's worth it, don't you think? Never hungry again... never thirsty... never poor. None of you can tell me you aren't considering it." Everyone - even Pearl - seemed to shift uncomfortably. Except Grian.

"Do we have a choice?" Grian raised his chin, his eyes flaming.

"Oh there's always a choice!" The man chuckled. "You can choose life... or death. I gues it depends on whether or not you'll kill. But I've been rude - allow me to introduce myself." The man bowed. "Jeb, messenger and second hand to the ruler of Minecraftia, our beloved leader of Mojang. Notch."

"Tell Notch no." Grian cried. Jeb looked surprised.

"Hmph. I believe you're mistaken... you think you have a choice in this matter. Let me make this clear... you will fight to the death in our arena. And you'll either die an honorable death in combat to better Minecraftia. Or you'll be the last one alive, by the blood of your comrades."

"How will our death benifit Minecraftia?" Scott spoke up suddenly.

"It's a test, dear Smajor. A phycological one if you will. But I can't divulge much to you, I'm afraid. It would ruin the entire ordeal." Jeb laughed cruelly. "Now then, you will all be teleported momentarily. As it's your first time, you will find yourself rather... distorted. Good luck, twenty."

"Wait! No!" Pearl yelled, but as soon as Grian turned to face her he realised she was gone. She had teleported. Grian watched in terror as everyone around him vanished, leaving only him. So they did know. They had to, why else was he the only one left?

"Ah... Grian. We're all counting on you. Though you'd better get your tongue in control. Stay out of her way." Jeb grinned.

"Wh-who!?" Grian gaped.

"We know you know. Don't play dumb. We have something special for her." Jeb smiled. Before Grian could retort or even say anything he felt his body disintegrate from the inside out. It was horrible, like all his senses were sucked from his belly and tossed into stormy water.

As soon as the queasiness had hit it stopped, and Grian was on his knees retching. Alone. In a swaying field of grass. It was so peacful... so decievingly peaceful.

"Welcome to the land of Life. Interesting it's called Life, because there's plenty more death than life here." A voice filled Grian's head. T-Taurtis? Grian had to be imagining things.

"Yes, it's Taurtis. No, you aren't imagining me. But I won't be here for long." Taurtis's voice was full of laughter and joy, just as Grian remembered it.

"B-but your dead..." Grian wondered aloud.

"Oh yes, I am most certainly dead. But I'm also here, just for a little bit. Now hush. I have to tell you how this Life thing works." Taurtis snickered.

"Wh-" Grian was cut off.

"I said I don't have long. All though I am honored to be the person you love most. Now-"

"I - I - wha-"

"Whoever you love most is the one who's selected to explain this to you. My soul is the one you connected to. As I said, I'm honored, brother. But I have to explain-"