Chapter 11: He's a certified predator

"Hiroto!! You don't mind if Yoshino and I eat the last pudding in the fridge, right!?"

"Just eat it. I bought it for you two and I don't like sweet treats that much"

Hiroto said as he held a newspaper in his hand without looking at Nia who was peeking at him from the kitchen with Yoshino beside her. Reading the current news in the city they were on to see if the other spirits have already been born.

"Doesn't that mean you don't like me? *hic* How could you!?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You said I was sweet! Y-You, don't like me anymore!? After the things, we've been through together. Is it because you have a new loli girlfriend!? You lolicon!! Pervert! I'm going to tell the police!"

"How cruel of you, Hiroto-kun"

Yoshinon said as she patted Nia's head who was slumped down on the ground while wiping her fake tears. Making Hiroto's eyes twitch in response after seeing that even Yoshinon was siding with her, causing him to let out a sigh in response.

"D-Don't bully her, H-Hiroto-san"

"Please don't side with her..."

"What's wrong with her siding with me!? Girls should stick together! Especially when we're up against a certified predator like you!"

"Who are you calling certified predator? Don't teach Yoshino weird things, Nia"

"*hic* look at him! He doesn't love me anymore~"

"Really? I thought I showed you enough love last night"

Hiroto said with a smile on his face, causing Nia's body to jolt in response as her face flushed red. Making her glare at Hiroto while Yoshino innocently tilted her head in confusion like she couldn't understand what they were talking about.

"D-Don't talk about that in front of the kids, Hiroto!"

"Nia-san, what did mean about showing love?"

Yoshino asked while tugging on Nia's clothes, causing Nia to show a troubled smile before a sense of panic and urgency welled up inside of her. Making her look at Hiroto with a pleading look in her eyes.

"H-Hiroto! Help me!"

"... It looks like I haven't washed the dishes, yet. I have so many chores to do-:

"W-Wait! Where are you going!? Are you just going to leave after the damage you caused!? How could you!?"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

Hiroto said as he tried to get away from them, causing Nia to rush towards him and hug his thigh to prevent him from escaping. Making try shake her off but only made her tighten her hug around his thigh.

"Y-You can't leave!! When I fall, you fall with me!"

"Your mindset never fails to surprise me, Nia"

Hiroto said with a helpless sigh before he faced Yoshino who was looking at them with a curious look on his face. Making him crouch down in response while holding a mug of coffee in his hand.

"I just told Nia how much I love her, Yoshino. Just like how your mom tells you how much she loves you"

"Is that so?"

Yoshino asked before contemplating, causing Nia to sigh in relief before letting go of his thigh. Making her stand up from the ground with a grateful smile on her face as she glanced at Hiroto who started to take a sip of his coffee.

"Then... why were you hitting her last night? N-Nia said was also screaming, i-is that how you show love to her, Hiroto-san"

"PFFT-"