Chapter 74: Alerting the Enemy

"It looks like it's going great"

Hiroto said as he checked the system map. Watching as Rimuru charged from camp to camp without pause and cleared out their numbers before any reinforcements arrive. Making their base a lot safer since they now didn't need to worry about being attacked from all sides. A situation that he doesn't want to encounter due to his army's low number. Even though their powerful technology heavily outclasses the devils of this dimension. The devils easily outnumber them by the millions, while they were only a few thousand. 

So, Hiroto had to eliminate the possibility of them attacking him from all sides, by eliminating all camps behind his base, and the closest camps on his side. Forcing the devils to attack him from the front. Moving a large army just to flank them would force them to consume a large number of resources, and if ever they did attack him from the back. That army won't have any other place to retreat since there is no nearby camp to use to recover their forces or feed their army. He'll also be given a lot of time to prepare or sabotage their attack since moving an army at such a far distance would take a significant amount of time. Unless they abandoned their supplies and live off the environment to quickly move their army.

"Lucky for us, this place became a wasteland. There are no resources for them to make use of in the environment, so they would have no choice but to bring their supply... I don't think they'll try to teleport a small army to flank us from the back since we already set an example of how powerful our forces can be thanks to Rimuru steamrolling through the camps. So, they'll have no choice but to send a large army if they do want to attack us from the back. It'll take a while before they can do that again, so I'll be able to predict when they'll do it"

He said before he closed the system map and looked in front of him. The direction in which the devil faction is located is at a distance of 20 kilometers away from them.  Making Hiroto let out a smile as he noticed a lone devil trying to sneak into their base with the help of the observers. 

"Hmm..."

He hummed before he ordered all of the Protoss to stand still by raising his hand in the air. Making all of them silently follow his command as they let the scout observe their base from afar. 

"Exalted one, aren't we going to eliminate him?"

"Let it be... Making them attack us would make our lives easier than marching our troops to attack them. I guess... I can make use of them"

He said towards the high templar who stood behind him with a respectful expression on his face. Making the said person slightly bow his head and step back to his original position. Obediently fulfilling his orders. 

"Order all the dark templars to scatter and take up as much space as possible. Tell them to report to me as soon as possible if they ever see any suspicious activities so that we'll be able to prepare in case of an attack"

"As you wish"

The high templar said before he levitated from the ground and flew away to inform the dark templars of his orders. Making Hiroto watch them before letting out an exhausted sigh.

"... Having Nia in here would make my life a lot easier..."

He said to himself since if Nia was really with him in this dimension, then he didn't need to use scouts to gather information like this. He can just directly get access to virtually any kind of information using her angel. So, he didn't need to act so cautiously and just launch an all-out attack to quickly finish his first quest in this dimension. But since she's currently pregnant and stayed back in his dimension. He had no detailed information about the enemy forces except for the estimation of their number of soldiers and basic information regarding the power and magic system in this dimension.