chapter 1- stuck together

Tw:Minor swearing

Espresso was peacefully reading in his house, Flying in the air as he looked through the variety of words in the book. Espresso sure had an overwhelming amount of books in his own mini library, and it always felt warming to go in and view the books.

His quiet reading was interupted by his phone on the couch, vibrating. Espresso flew over there and picked up his phone, it was his older sister, latte cookie.

"Whats the matter? Another cake hound squirming around?" Espresso asked.

"I was just wondering if you'd wanna come over to the Cafe and you know..have some sibling bonding time!" Latte suggested. Espresso hated the idea of affection or contact with anyone, he found it much too awkward to start conversations.

"I must refuse. Too busy." Espresso made lies come out of his mouth, he wasn't actually busy. He just didn't want to hear her annoying chit chats about her life.

"Oh come on! I really want you to meet a new cookie that I met today!" Latte begged.

"Can't you see that I don't want to see you, let alone see anyone else? I'm too busy. Call me later." Espresso said, about to hang up when Latte mentioned somthing else.

"Wait wait! He has books, he'll trade you books if you agree to just get a glimpse of him!" Latte said, desperately trying to get espresso to come. Espresso was hesitant, he wasn't great at talking to other people, but on the other hand, books.

"Hmm. Describe this 'person'." Espresso asked.

"Well, he has..long, blonde hair, blue eyes, and he's actually a knight that works for the vanilla kingdom!" Latte said.

"Eh. He sounds..oddly familiar. But if he is willing to offer books, then I guess I accept." Espresso said reluctantly. Latte plastered a thrilled smile and looked over at the boy she wants espresso to meet.

"Okay, great!" Latte said, hanging up.

"Oh, Madeline! I'm sure espresso will love you, you two are so compatible with eachother!" Latte said.

"What makes you say that? I haven't even met him." Madeline said.

"Well, judging by the information you've given me about you, you sound so perfect for my brother!" Latte said.

"Your matching me with your brother when I haven't even met him? Please, I don't like being shipped with people." Madeline said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, I didn't mean to ship you two. I meant in battle! Fighting the cake hounds, you know?" Latte said, taking a sip of her Latte.

"Oh, stupid of me to think that. Sorry, latte." Madeline said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"So, more about my brother, he works in the same school as me, we are both teachers. But everyone's taking time off school, so I don't understand how he's busy. Mabye he just doesn't love me anymore." Latte said.

"Of course he loves you! Your his sister!" Madeline said.

"Oh of course I know that, I was kidding. I mean that espressos probably avoiding me becuase he isn't as social as I am. He's such a pain in the ass sometimes." Latte said, crossing her arms and leaving back on her chair.

"How so?" The blonde gallant  asked.

"Well, he never agrees to go anywhere with me because he hates crowds, sometimes I think he's not even related to me, since we are so different. But one thing we have in common, we're both single mages!" Latte teased, laughing it off.

"Well so am I. I mean, nobody wants a boy with long hair. But I'm sure the divine will give me somebody one day!" Madeliene said, trying to be confident.