chapter 12- The battle

The 3 ancients were sweating like hell. They didn't know what to chose.

"You know what, pure vanilla can always find a new knight. Almond can be replaced, and snow sugar cookies life is just unfortunate. We must end dark enchantress once and for all-" Dark cocao was suggesting to suck up their despair and unalive dark enchantress for once, but hollyberry wasn't having it.

"Oh dark cocao, your always so difficult. Pure vanilla NEEDS madeliene, and so what if dark enchantress comes back? We've always won each battle we've had with her!"

"Yeah but I can't risk losing my son from dark enchantress' invasions again!"

"Oh its always about you and your son. You never show any empathy for others but yourself and your son."

"Oh, really? Then how come I'm a king?" Hollyberry and dark cocao fought, and fought. They were fighting so much that they didn't notice dark enchantress getting ready to drop the soulstones.

"Their distracted, so why not just drop them now and take our chance to run away?" Dark enchantress muttered to Pomagranate and red velvet.

She dropped them.

Each one clapped when it hit the ground, but only 1 survived.

Though it was scratched and cracked a bit, it was still half alive.

It was madelienes soulstone that survived.

~

Madeliene was in his hospital bed, when he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his heart. It was aching, and aching.

"Argh..Ow.." madeliene said, gripping on his chest. The pain wouldn't stop.

The soulstone. It was agonising.

Espresso and Latte were in a room, and they heard madelienes muffled yelps of pain, and they decided to check up on him.

"What's wrong, Maddy?" Latte asked, opening the door.

"My chest..it's burning, aching, stinging." Madeliene said. Latte ran over to him and espresso called the doctor in. The doctor immidiately ran some tests on him, and told espresso and Latte to get out of the room.

2 hours pass by, the tests still haven't been finished. Both caffeine siblings started to grow worried, but Espresso tried not to show it.

"What do you think happened to Maddy?" Latte asked, chewing on her thumbnail nervously.

"Can you stop calling him Maddy?it's annoying. And I'm sure he's fi-"

"Ehem, May I have your attention?" The doctor interupted.

"What happened to madeliene!? Is he okay!?" Latte said, trying to take a glance at madeliene behind the doctor. He was laying in the hospital bed, eyes closed and resting.

"I ran some tests, and I did everything to help him. But I soon realised that it had somthing to do with his soulstone, it mustve cracked somehow. We can repair the soulstone with professional work, but considering our situation with dark enchantress right now, we can't." The doctor said. Latte pushed past the doctor, dashing over to madeliene as espresso followed.

"No! Madeliene, stay strong!" Latte said. Cream puff and her mother happen to walk by, and saw Latte like that.

"Oh what's the matter with my madeliene now?" Vanilla madeliene said, walking over to his bed as Cream puff followed.

"There's been some problems with madelienes soulstone. He's not dead, but he's weak." The doctor said. Cream puff and vanilla madelienes legs weakened upon hearing that information.