chapter 14 - Ambush Attack

The notes kept sending. Each day there was either a gift or a note. espressos curiousity of his secret admirer kept growing and growing, and he became more desperate to know who it was. He persistantly asked madeliene each hour, because he really wanted to know. Today, espresso retrieved a note.

____________________________
Dear espresso.

My greatest hearts desire if for you to be mine. <3

Love, anonymous person.
____________________________
The note read. Espresso finally had enough and went up to madeliene.

"Madeliene, just tell me who it is!!" Espresso begged.

"No! I can't break their promise!"

"Can you at least tell me what gender, or a hint!?"

"Its a boy, okay? It's a boy!" Madeliene finally said. Espresso then started to give guesses, which made madeliene feel oddly sad. Imagining espresso with another cookie was somewhat upsetting, but he didn't show his true feelings.

"Is it...eclair cookie?" Espresso asked. But madeliene couldn't stand hearing espresso guess people. He didn't want to imagine any other cookie with him, only himself.

"You know what? The man is someone who's been struggling to walk lately!" Madeliene admitted. He was desperate for espresso to say his name, but Espresso didn't want to.

"Uhm...Mint choco? He's been struggling to walk, I guess." Espresso guessed.

"No."

"Uhm..Almond?"

"No."

"Lilac??"

"No."

"Red velvet?"

"No!! Red velvets in the evil team! Just stop guessing, you'll never guess it anyway." Madeliene said.

"No. I'm going to keep guessing until I get it right!"

"You'll never get it right!"

"I'll keep trying!"

"Its me! Okay? it's me!" Madeliene finally admitted. Espressos stared at him, eyes widening.

"What do you mean??" Espresso asked.

"I like you. Your just more familiar then the others, and being with you makes me happy.." Madeliene blurred out.

"Of course you like me, I'm your best friend."

"Its not like that, espresso."

"Then what do you mean!?"

"Think, espresso. Who sent you those love letters and gifts? Me! Who loves you? Me!" Madeliene said. But espresso was still confused. Why would madeliene do that?

"..why? Why do you love me?" Was all espresso could get out of his mouth.

"Your not getting it, espresso. I love you and I want to be with you! I know I just lost my memory a few days ago, but somthing about you is familiar and it makes me feel somthing. You know what that is? It's love." Madeliene said, taking espressos hands between his. Espresso started to blush, but didn't say anything. He couldn't understand why a man like him would like a mage.

"You know, I-Im really hoping that..you like me too.." madeliene said. Still, espresso didn't say anything and stared back at him, shocked. Espresso snapped out of his stare, and rejected him brutally.

"N-No!" Espresso was just so startled that he immidately rejected him, pushing madeliene away.
"I-I can't date a..a boy." Espresso continued. Madeliene gave a disappointed sigh, but smiled a dim smile, trying to hide his disappointment, embarrassment and sadness.