chapter 13 - unfortunate birthday

The war of the ancients + other cookies and the red velvet dragon was a never ending battle. The cookies were at the very edge of passing, but they all stayed strong. They didn't have a healer, and that was the main problem. The dragon was much too hard to defeat, but the cookies chose not to give up. Meanwhile madelienes leg got better, but not his chest. He would take a type of medicine to stop the pains, but only for 3 hours and that was it.

Madeliene just couldn't remember anything, not even his own birthday.

That was a shame, because it WAS his birthday today.

"Happy birthday, my baby!" Vanilla madeliene said, walking in with a vanilla cake, his favourite. There was a display on the cake, saying '23'.

"I'm that old?"madeliene said. Vanilla madeliene started laughing and put the cake on the bedside table. She looked back at her child, caressing his forehead.

"Oh, when will my baby get better..?" Vanilla madeliene said, looking at him pitifully. She then rubbed her hand along her sons cheek, gazing at her poor son, who's been through a lot.

"I'm come back to check on you, okay? Your Little sister has a surprise!" Vanilla madeliene said. She forwarded out of the room, and then a few seconds Later, Latte came in, but not espresso.

"Hey, how you doing, Maddy?" Latte asked.

"Uhm..good. my chest pains are a bit disturbing, but the medicine helps, and my legs starting to heal, I guess." Madeliene said.

"Well, you might not remember, but it's actually your birthday! You turned 23 today!" Latte beamed at him. But of course, madeliene didn't remember.

"I'm in my early 20s?" Madeliene asked.

"Yeah! Well, what age did you think you were?" Latte asked.

"I don't know..18 mabye?" Madeliene replied. Latte chuckled at madelienes silly assumption.

"No, silly!" Latte laughed. She stared at his hair, and suddenly felt tempted to braid it.

"Hey, do you mind if I braid your hair?" Latte asked. Sure madeliene had lost his memory, but he knew what a braid was. He nodded, and he turned his back to Latte.

It was silent while she was braiding his hair.

The entire process, the 2 unknown best friends stayed quiet.

"Aaand, done!" Latte said, topping it off with a tiny, pale yellow bow she had in her own hair.

"You look pretty!" Latte teased. Madeliene awkwardly laughed and put the braid next to him to take a good look.

"Wow, you braid very neatly." Madeliene said, looking at the braid up and down.

"Oh no, I really don't. But my brother does way better than me! He's actually that one who taught me how to, even though I'm older."Latte explained. Just then, 3 people walked in 1 by 1. It was vanilla madeliene, espresso, and Cream puff. Espresso was holding a box, while cream puff held a white baby kitten in her hands.

"Happy birthday, madeliene! Your favourite animal is-..was, a cat! So we got some from outside!" Cream puff said. She gave the cat to madeliene and he absolutely adored it. It purred as it rubbed it's elegant fur against madelienes chest.

"Aww!"madeliene said. Espresso took a seat next to madeliene, and inside the box he was holding was also kittens, but there were 3. Two brown, and 1 light brown. The kittens jumped on to madeliene and started to squirm around him, meowing.

"Seems like the cats adore you a lot!" Latte said. Espresso couldn't resist himself and picked a kitten up. He usually wasn't that type of person, but they were just too cute. Espresso smiled upon the cute kitten meowing at him. Though madeliene had 3 kittens going around him, he found himself locking his eyes at Espresso. Espressos smile was more amusing than the cats. Espresso noticed it in the corner of his eye, and looked at him back.